Sarah-Jane Clarke, Sass & Bide (seven seasons, New York)
1. Be confident of your own designs and vision.
2. Believe in it.
3. Support the buyers.
4. Come regularly to your main business interests (read: markets).
5. Get over here and have a try.
Josh Goot (two seasons, New York)
1. Be patient.
2. Don't compromise - unless it's time to compromise.
3. Believe in yourself.
4. Try and find the right people to work with.
5. Make sure you're having fun.
Toni Maticevski (two seasons, New York)
1. Make sure you know someone who has money.
2. Make sure you know how to make clothes.
3. Be nice to people.
4. Trust that people do the best job for you.
5. Don't try and do everything yourself.
Original post and comments.