Thursday, April 30, 2009
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 08:06:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 07:42:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 04:19:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 03:07:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 02:53:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/30/2009 02:25:00 PM
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 08:28:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 06:54:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 04:16:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 03:01:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 01:13:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 01:02:00 PM
Sylvester eventually gave in and Shepherd - who is said to have appeared to have been quite embarrassed by the incident - opened.
According to Chic Management director Kathy Ward, it was Sylvester who changed the terms of the agreement.
Ward told frockwriter:
"Given the exposure that Myf has had in the past year, all the international shows and press, the deal was that she would open the show. And we were just making sure that what we agreed to was actually carried out. At no time was there talk of Myf closing the show. We are just choosing a couple of select shows [this week]. She wants to support Australian Fashion Week, she wants to support Australian designers. But if she is going to walk for a designer, she has to open the show”.
According to the Sylvester camp however, there was no deal. Sylvester's spokeswoman told frockwriter that negotiations with Chic had been going on for two days, with a contract signed yesterday. At no stage during the negotiations, and nowhere in the contract, did Chic stipulate that Shepherd's involvement in the show was contingent on her opening, says the spokeswoman - until 7.30am this morning, when Sylvester's casting director received a call from a Chic Management rep.
This time last year, as has been well documented on this blog, Shepherd was an unknown 17 year-old from Queensland who had only recently been scouted and had in fact been rejected by the producers of Australia's Next Top Model for the 2008 edition of the series.
Shepherd was the most-booked model in Chic Management's stable for the 2008 edition of RAFW.
She would go on to be booked by Prada and Gucci for the Resort 2009 collections in New York in July 2008, followed by a plethora of other major bookings during the SS09 season. From New York to London, Milan and Paris, Shepherd walked in over 50 SS09 shows.
Shepherd's sophomore international RTW season in February and March this year embraced 62 shows. Shepherd has also featured in a number of prestigious international fashion magazines and her campaign bookings include the Gucci FW0910 campaign.
Of those 62 FW0910 shows, Shepherd only opened - or closed - a very small handful.
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 10:36:00 AM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 10:30:00 AM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/29/2009 09:48:00 AM
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/28/2009 05:49:00 PM
Posted by Patty Huntington at 4/28/2009 05:41:00 PM
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Karla Spetic - more overblown vintage chintz print...
- Karla Spetic SS0910 #RAFW
- Lining up for the Karla Spetic show #RAFW
- Tammy Stone (L) and Millicent Lambert backstage @ ...
- A chat with Fashion Design Studio director Nichola...
- Backstage with Romance Was Born's Anna Plunkett an...
- Sara Phillips finale
- Beat Poet finale
- Lisa Ho finale
- Romance Was Born finale
- Kirrily Johnston finale
- Jayson Brunsdon finale
- Sara Phillips SS0910 - lavender lasercut suede shi...
- RTW II - Nicolangela #RAFW
- RTW II - White Kitten #RAFW
- RTW II - Eduardo Calucag presents the week's gazil...
- RTW II - Gina Kim #RAFW
- Ready to Wear (group show) II - Leigh Schubert #RA...
- Beat Poet's Edward von Bertouch (L) and James St J...
- Fashion Design Studio - Christian Lines #RAFW
- Fashion Design Studio - Pun by Seema Pun #RAFW
- Fashion Design Studio - Rachel Sherwood #RAFW
- Fashion Design Studio - Soeli Pedrozo #RAFW
- Lisa Ho - blousy caramel pleated dress #RAFW
- Lisa Ho SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Romance Was Born - crochet blankie chic #RAFW
- Romance Was Born - fantastic octopus bonnet #RAFW
- Romance Was Born SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Kirrily Johnston - Cosmic Dress #RAFW
- Kirrily Johnston SS0910 first look - Entanglement ...
- Jayson Brunsdon SS0910 first look - Ivory Silk Cha...
- Backstage with Jayson Brunsdon
- A chat with Gail Reid (Gail Sorronda)
- Chaingang drummer Skarlett Saramore backstage @ Ma...
- Marnie Skillings - the Big Maxie jumpsuit #RAFW
- Twins Amy and Morgan Hurst backstage @ Gail Sorron...
- Gail Sorronda - still channeling French maids #RAF...
- Gail Sorronda SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Dhini SS0910 first look (umpteenth Balmain look th...
- Backstage with Kate Sylvester
- Janka Zachnikova in the Kate Sylvester outfit that...
- Kate Sylvester - ecru tutu #RAFW
- Kate Sylvester - shirtwaisters, parachute silk ski...
- Kate Sylvester - acid bright sportswear, cool over...
- Kate Sylvester SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Konstantina Mittas SS0910 - makeup by MAC's Vaness...
- Ellery - jade trapeze dress #RAFW
- Ellery - liquid copper cigarette pants #RAFW
- Ellery SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Missoni for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Sass and Bide for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Alice McCall for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Alpha 60 for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Kate Sylvester for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Marnie Skillings for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Romance Was Born for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Alex Perry for Diet Coke #RAFW
- Antipodium's tampon jewellery by new Sydney jewell...
- Antipodium uses real models (and tampons as jewell...
- Antipodium - cool styling #RAFW
- Saint Augustine Academy - RTW II #RAFW
- Artsu - RTW II. Christophe Decarnin has a lot to a...
- Artsu - Ready to Wear (group show) II #RAFW
- Zambesi - draped black sheath dress #RAFW
- Zambesi - pretty ecru crocheted sack dress #RAFW
- Zambesi SS0910 opened by Myf #RAFW
- Manning Cartell gold sequinned sack dress #RAFW
- Manning Cartell SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Zimmermann's spectacular jewellery designed by Syd...
- Kelsey van Mook - opened Givenchy.... and Zimmerma...
- Zimmermann - fabulous overblown vintage chintz pri...
- Zimmermann - draped fuschia maillot #RAFW
- Zimmermann SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Georgie Wass backstage at Zimmermann
- Backstage with Nicky Zimmermann after a power outa...
- IMG FASHION Asia Pacific md Simon Lock talks disas...
- Backstage with Therese Rawsthorne
- Godfrey Deeny in da house #RAFW
- Dion Lee - colour shots #RAFW
- Dion Lee - the upwardly mobile Rachel Rutt #RAFW
- Dion Lee SS0910 first look - sharp, white, deconst...
- Waiting for Dion Lee to start - in a carpark. Lond...
- Wayne Cooper silver cowl bias top and black Skinny...
- Wayne Cooper - Opium jumpsuit #RAFW
- Wayne Cooper SS0910 first look - Electric Ladyland...
- Minimalist bodycon - Arnsdorf #RAFW
- Cute colourblocking - Arnsdorf #RAFW
- Arnsdorf SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Once dreamed of a ballet career: Anaessia designer...
- More Anaessia - definitely the find of RTW 1 #RAFW...
- Skull print sheath @ Anaessia RTW 1 I dare MObama ...
- Su Design RTW 1 #RAFW
- Pizzuto RTW 1 #RAFW
- Interpretive dance courtesy Dizingof RTW 1 #RAFW
- Backstage with Alex and Genevieve Smart
- On the record: Myf Shepherd
- Inspired by kites - rainbow graphics #RAFW
- Draped jumpsuit #RAFW
- Ginger + Smart SS0910 first look #RAFW
- Linlee Allen, Australia's first online fashion jou...
- ▼ April 2009 (131)
- ► 2008 (229)