Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Close encounters of the celeb kind No 1: Victoria Beckham

Victoria Beckham backstage at the Marc by Marc Jacobs spring/summer 2007 collection during New York Fashion Week.

DID YOU LIKE THE SHOW?
I thought it was really, really lovely. It was my first Marc Jacobs show and I just thought it was amazing. I loved the accessories too. I thought the shoes were absolutely fantastic. It was just great.

TELL ME ABOUT THIS HARPERS BAZAAR SHOOT YOU'VE JUST DONE IN PARIS WITH TERRY RICHARDSON?
He was just wonderful. I'm a real fan of his work anyway and the fact that the shoot was in Paris, with Terry for Harpers Bazaar and it was couture...the mix of all those elements is what really made me want to do the shoot. I saw the pictures today for the first time and they're amazing. I am so so happy with them, they're great.

ANY NUDITY?
No nudity! No you're joking [shrieks, grabbing my arm]. Oh my goodness me.

YOU KNOW, TERRY RICHARDSON HAS JUST DONE A JEANS CAMPAIGN IN AUSTRALIA WHICH HAS BEEN GETTING QUITE A LOT OF FLACK.
How can jeans cause flack? What are they, topless with jeans?

LEGS AKIMBO
Oh really?

DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE BLOG?
The one question I would ask every designer is, where they get inspiration from. I suppose that would be an interesting question for all designers. I've just done a book as well. It's coming out in October - called 'That Extra Half an Inch'. It's about fashion, the history of fashion.

NO, I'M SORRY, I WASN'T ASKING DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR MY BOOK. I'M NOT DOING A BOOK, I'M DOING A BLOG. DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR THE BLOG? SOMETHING THAT BUGS YOU ABOUT FASHION, ABOUT FASHION WEEK, SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ETC...
Oh. Nothing's really been bothering me about fashion. I suppose, what different people like about different fashion?

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH CELEBRITIES AND FASHION WEEKS? PARTICULARLY NEW YORK. THEY'RE ALL OVER IT.
I think that celebrities love fashion and I think that we're lucky enough to be able to get in the front row and come to these shows. I just like it, you know.


Original post and comments.

0 comments:

Blog Archive