Avril Lavigne backstage at Diesel's spring/summer 2007 show.
SO WHAT'S YOUR CONNECTION TO DIESEL?
I'm wearing Diesel everything right now. Shoes, belt, jeans. I'm all Diesel. And I was invited here tonight as a guest of Renzo's.
HAVEN'T WE SEEN YOU AT A FEW DIFFERENT FASHION EVENTS RECENTLY?
This is actually my second fashion show.
WHAT WAS THE FIRST ONE?
SO YOU'RE INTERESTED IN FASHION?
Yeah I love it.
JUST ON THAT CHANEL SHOW, THERE WAS SOME COMMENT RECENTLY ABOUT YOU MOVING FROM THE SK8ER LOOK TO SOMETHING A LITTLE MORE UPTOWN
My look, my fashion style is definitely still like, rock and roll, just more of a glammed-up version I guess.
SO WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CELEBRITIES AT NEW YORK FASHION WEEK?
Yeah, you know, it comes with the territory. It's like, you know, when you're a celebrity, you do so many photoshoots and red carpets and a big part of the career is how you look and so it all ties in together.
YES BUT ABOVE ALL THESE PUBLIC EVENTS, WHAT IS IT ABOUT FASHION IN PARTICULAR, AND FASHION WEEKS AND MOST NOTABLY OF ALL, NEW YORK FASHION WEEK?
Everyone loves it. Everyone loves clothes and celebrities often set trends. I'm just here because I love Diesel and they invited me and they're like, 'Come out'. And I'm like, 'All right, cool'. I haven't been out much to any of these things, so it's fun.
DOES IT BOTHER YOU WHEN PEOPLE CRITIQUE YOUR LOOK?
My fans have always like, you know, worn what I wear and I've been like a trendsetter to my fans. Especially when I came out with like, the tie and everything. And I always thought that was really cool. To have an influence on like, so many people.
COULD THAT BE A DAUNTING PROSPECT?
It's not scary it's just like, really cool. It's like something I never would have thought would happen to me.
MIGHT WE SEE AN AVRIL LAVIGNE FASHION LINE AT SOME STAGE THEN?
Well I am a creative girl and I'm very visual and I love clothes so, maybe.
ARE YOU WORKING ON ONE?
No, but it could be really fun.
SO WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE... A TIE RANGE?
It would be very much like the clothes I wear.
SO TIES, THEN?
I don't wear ties any more.
Original post and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Hems pay hip service to the '60s
- PETA dishes dirt on fur scum - denies plants a cen...
- The skinny on celeb dresser Rachel Zoe
- "Crazy shit" with Leo and Beyonce
- Another day, another fashion week
- SMH banned from NY Fashion Week
- Close encounters of the celeb kind No 4: LeAnn Rim...
- Celeb encounters of the close kind No 3: Heather G...
- Celeb encounters of the close kind No 2: Avril Lav...
- Seat wars #2: The highs and lows of Karen Walker’s...
- Seat wars #1: Checked out by Anna Wintour
- How does the US really fund the Iraq war? Fashion ...
- Close encounters of the celeb kind No 1: Victoria ...
- Baryshnikov, seat Nazis and Sabyasachi performs a ...
- Vogue tells its models "Keep your legs together!" ...
- Jocks, Jiffies and the Veronicas en route to the B...
- Which Fashion Week?
- ▼ September 2006 (17)