Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Just got back from a second Calvin Klein dinner in almost as many days. Downunder to talk at the L'Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival's Business Seminar on Friday, Calvin Klein Collection women's creative director Francisco Costa (above) and the company's executive vice president global communications, Sydney-bred Malcolm Carfrae, have been busy entertaining. First there was Sunday night's dinner down in Melbourne (here is WWD's report - FYI it was Marie Claire Australia editor Jackie Frank leading the "skull!" chorus). Then last night's dinner at Sydney's Coco Republic to launch Calvin Klein Home furniture, with Calvin Klein Home creative director Amy Mellen. Earlier in the day, the trio chilled out at Bondi, lunching at the iconic Icebergs restaurant, before taking a dip in the ocean, during which they were joined by a pod of dolphins. Costa reports he wore boardshorts - and not the budgie smugglers that he purchased on the weekend at the Middle Brighton Baths just outside Melbourne. Costa chose a pair with the word "ICEBERGERS" emblazoned across the derrière, named after the sea baths' year-round "Icebergers" swimming club. Not to be confused with Bondi's near century-old Icebergs swimming club over which the Icebergs restaurant was built.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Open Sesame
- RAFW SS1011 - The (awkward) 15th anniversary editi...
- And the Walkley for new media douchebaggery appare...
- Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut...
- Calvin Klein's ice breaker
- Gail Reid bound for Roberto Cavalli?
- A chat with Michael Angel
- LMFF, Refinery 29 downunder and Sonny Vandevelde c...
- Elle Macpherson closes Louis Vuitton
- From Churchill to Cassi-Gate, insulting the French...
- Alexander McQueen's final collection saluted in ca...
- Hollywood's risk takers
- Viktor & Rolf's Freaky Saturday
- Lauren Brown bags Balenciaga
- Balenciaga packs it in for Fall
- Cassi van den Dungen takes one step back from her ...
- Olivier Zahm christened "Smegmacula" by Vanity Fai...
- ▼ March 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)