Monday, March 15, 2010
This blog has talked about New York-based Australian designer Michael Angel on several occasions. First, when his collection popped up in US Vogue, before there was a peep out of its Australian counterpart (which has yet to cover his work, reports Angel). Then we interviewed him via phone backstage, moments before he opened New York Fashion Week. Frockwriter just returned from a Calvin Klein dinner at Cutler & Co in Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, where we finally got to meet Angel in person. Calvin Klein Collection designer Francisco Costa and the company's head of communications, Malcolm Carfrae, will both talk at the L'Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival's Business Seminar on Friday. Later today, Angel will take part in something called the Designer Forum. Here's a preview of a few points he will be discussing. The only quiet place we could find was the loo - hence the dim lighting - so we locked ourselves in one cubicle and filmed away.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Open Sesame
- RAFW SS1011 - The (awkward) 15th anniversary editi...
- And the Walkley for new media douchebaggery appare...
- Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut...
- Calvin Klein's ice breaker
- Gail Reid bound for Roberto Cavalli?
- A chat with Michael Angel
- LMFF, Refinery 29 downunder and Sonny Vandevelde c...
- Elle Macpherson closes Louis Vuitton
- From Churchill to Cassi-Gate, insulting the French...
- Alexander McQueen's final collection saluted in ca...
- Hollywood's risk takers
- Viktor & Rolf's Freaky Saturday
- Lauren Brown bags Balenciaga
- Balenciaga packs it in for Fall
- Cassi van den Dungen takes one step back from her ...
- Olivier Zahm christened "Smegmacula" by Vanity Fai...
- ▼ March 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)