Friday, March 19, 2010
Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut at RAFW - possibly christened by Cindy Crawford and Yasmin Le Bon
We have just seen Elle Macpherson, Kristen McMenamy, Stella Tennant and Kristy Hume return to the runway. Could their '80s/'90s catwalk colleagues Gail Elliott, Cindy Crawford and Yasmin Le Bon be about to follow suit at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week? There's definitely a chance. Frockwriter can reveal that Sydney-based Elliott is planning to show her Little Joe label at the upcoming Sydney event, which will run from May 3-7 at the Overseas Passenger Terminal. At Tuesday's Calvin Klein dinner in Sydney, Elliott's husband and business partner, Joe Coffey, told frockwriter that they have locked in a show for 12.00pm on Tuesday May 4th in the largest venue. When asked if Crawford and Le Bon might fly down to support their mate on the runway, he replied that discussions are underway. Elliott would most likely only appear in the show if Crawford and Le Bon turn up, said Coffey. The show will mark not only the eight year-old label's runway debut, but its return to wholesaling after a hiatus, during which the duo concentrated on strengthening their Australian store network, which now stands at six.
The supermod trio modelled together and have remained close friends.
Christensen and Le Bon were both bridesmaids at Elliott's 1997 wedding to Coffey in New York and appear on the Little Joe website with Elliott, wearing Little Joe.
And Crawford has lent her star power to promote Elliott's label on at least one other occasion:
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Open Sesame
- RAFW SS1011 - The (awkward) 15th anniversary editi...
- And the Walkley for new media douchebaggery appare...
- Gail Elliott's Little Joe to make its runway debut...
- Calvin Klein's ice breaker
- Gail Reid bound for Roberto Cavalli?
- A chat with Michael Angel
- LMFF, Refinery 29 downunder and Sonny Vandevelde c...
- Elle Macpherson closes Louis Vuitton
- From Churchill to Cassi-Gate, insulting the French...
- Alexander McQueen's final collection saluted in ca...
- Hollywood's risk takers
- Viktor & Rolf's Freaky Saturday
- Lauren Brown bags Balenciaga
- Balenciaga packs it in for Fall
- Cassi van den Dungen takes one step back from her ...
- Olivier Zahm christened "Smegmacula" by Vanity Fai...
- ▼ March 2010 (17)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)