Monday, May 3, 2010
So the first two shows of the first day of the soon-to-be post-Simon Lock era of Rosemount Australian Fashion Week have wrapped. The first, a very pretty collection of draped jersey goddess gowns and digital print blouses and maxi dresses from Fashion Week veteran Lisa Ho. Delivered in a nude colour palette jolted by shots of magenta and lichen green, it was an easy, breezy patio-perfect collection with relaxed lines. The same could be said for Ginger + Smart's 'The Transcendent' collection. Jumpsuits ruled, ditto a knockout series of bodycon dresses, fluid trousers, kimono tops and plissé blouses, the best in a spectacular digital print. Obviously an early SS1011 trend. Click here and here to see frockwriter's Posterous pic galleries of both collections. The relaxed mood of the clothes was in direct contrast to the vibe vis-a-vis the seating arrangements of RAFW founder Simon Lock. Lock usually sits in the very first seat on the right hand side at the beginning of the runway. Sitting in Lock’s spot: IMG Asia Pacific general manager Dan Hill (above). According to Lorraine Lock, Lock has been “banned” by Hill from attending many shows and is “beside himself”. Frockwriter will check with Hill for his side of the story (update: when we approached Hill, he suggested we discuss it at another time. According to an IMG source, Lock had to submit a "list" of show requests that he wanted to attend. Lorraine Lock reports a number of those names were crossed off by IMG). In the interim, it's worth noting that in 14 years, Lock always prided himself on never missing a single show. An interesting start to the week.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Rachel Rutt scores her second international cover ...
- Casting clout: Kannon Rajah carves up the show cir...
- Master blaster: Indie Kiwi startup asks "WTF has h...
- Letters from TED (x)
- Juliana forges ahead
- The models of RAFW
- World's spot of bother in Woollahra
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets down to Bassike
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 4: Imelda's Matt Jordan
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 3: Sassi Sam's Sam Winte...
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 2: An Australian Wintour...
- The bloggers of RAFW Part 1: Aych blog's Hannah Mc...
- ABC Art Nation's story on Sonny Vandevelde
- Dion Lee's fashion analysis
- Jayson's New Wave
- Manning Cartell's backstage drama
- Kate Sylvester's charming summer
- Sally Koeswanto and the Ready to Wear 2 show
- Kristie Lawrence's hot Flannel
- ABC Art Nation's story on fashion bloggers
- Gail Elliott rocks it out for Little Joe's Sydney ...
- Zimmermann's 'Vanishing Point'
- digital prints and huge silver neckpieces - zimmer...
- Christopher Esber, Australia's latest fashion star...
- Camilla Franks takes one big step forward at RAFW
- tammy stone (l) and greta chesterman backstage B4 ...
- Camilla SS1011 finale at RAFW
- Lisa Ho SS1011 finale at RAFW
- A new day dawns at RAFW
- jumpsuits rule at ginger + smart #RAFW
- samantha harris - about to open lisa ho, the first...
- RAFW SS1011 launched - and how to follow the cover...
- Bvlgari's 125 years of Italian jewels
- ABC Art Nation tracks fashion bloggers
- ▼ May 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)