Saturday, August 21, 2010
Australia’s edgiest new modelling star, Andrej Pejic, was the talk of the town at last month's Paris mens shows. Frockwriter mentioned at the time that he had just worked with a well-known photographic duo for a major international magazine. Well that magazine is the just-launched September edition of Vogue Paris and Pejic features in a 16-page fashion story called 'Rive gauche et libre'. Shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott and styled by no less than Vogue Paris editor Carine Roitfeld, the story was inspired by '50s chanteuse Juliette Gréco and '70s gender bender Ziggy Stardust and also includes Malgosia Bela, Daphne Groeneveld and transsexual Givenchy muse Lea T. But make no mistake, Pejic is the star of the story. He not only opens and closes it, but accounts for almost half the images (below). Click here to see the entire spread. And stand by to see what role Pejic may play in the S/S 2011 womens show season, which is about to kick off in New York. Not to mention the November edition of an equally high profile international womens' title, for which he has just been shot by an even bigger name, opposite a top female cast. He also features in an upcoming spread in Arena Homme Plus.
all images: mert + marcus for vogue paris via the frenchy/TFS
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Smoking hot mama Miranda Kerr
- Codie Young covers Vogue Australia
- The eyes have it: Ksubi's 2011 eyewear campaign
- Lewitt responds to the Abbey Lee Kershaw film flak...
- Andrej Pejic channels Ziggy Stardust for Vogue Par...
- Jennifer Hawkins puts the Love into Lovable with a...
- Too cool for school: Julia Nobis covers Oyster au ...
- Florence and the Willow publicity machine
- Valley girls
- And now for a commercial break
- Booked: Museyon's 'City Style' taps Sydney as a gl...
- Codie Young cracks the cover of Vogue
- Ryan McGinley's "suicide" video was inspired by Al...
- Super Tuesday at David Jones
- The Gap is opening this month in Australia - it's ...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw helps glamorize model suicides f...
- ▼ August 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)