Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Frockwriter mentioned that a larger-than-usual contingent of Australian models was heading to New York Fashion Week this season. And that after day one, some of them were off to a cracking start. We have previously talked about upwardly-mobile New Zealand faces, notably Jessica Clarke, who was spotted by a Calvin Klein rep in Sydney two years ago and then in September 2010, walked a Calvin Klein Collection exclusive in New York. Another Kiwi has just emerged from left-of-field to become one of the most buzzed-about models of the season: Emily Baker. Modelling for just six months, Baker has a smouldering, sunkissed beauty that is reminiscent of 1970s American modelling icons Cheryl Tiegs and Patti Hansen, blended with a little modern Lara Stone moxie. This morning Baker added Marc Jacobs to her bulging top show list. And she was joined by three upwardly mobile Australians: Julia Nobis, now in her third international season after her own Calvin Klein exclusive this time last year and Codie Young and Dempsey Stewart, both of whom are working in New York for the first time. You could say the antipodians are having a bumper season. And waiting in the wings behind them on some interesting options are several other new Aussie girls...
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- Rosemary Smith and Emilia Skuza hop on fashion's t...
- Bulgari's lion queen
- Gemma Ward is back - in black
- Gotham pretty
- Andrej Pejic on the cover of ZEIT magazin
- Melissa queen of the desert
- ANZAC day at Marc Jacobs
- Andrej Pejic talks to Seven's Sunday Night
- Add Dempsey Stewart to the Aussie posse of Fall/Wi...
- Portmans takes Abbey Lee Kershaw back to her roots...
- Julia Nobis gets dark for Jac + Jack Autumn/Winter...
- Knit happens
- In with the new - David Jones Autumn/Winter 2011
- Oyster sells out with Lara Bingle
- Meet the new boy, Jack Vanderhart
- The show goes on for David Jones... without sass &...
- Andrej Pejic on Sunday Night
- Australia's next top models plot a New York Fashio...
- Amanda Ware gets her bouffant on for Nicola Finett...
- Gemma Ward delivers a video address, calls in a fa...
- ▼ February 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)