Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday's David Jones show felt the same, but different, to previous years' events. There was no Mark McInnes, Colette Garnsey, Miranda Kerr or even sass & bide. With the exception of relatively recent fashion ambassador addition Kerr, all had been front-and-centre at the show for almost a decade, laying the foundations for the "house of brands" into which the department store subsequently evolved. Taking their places and for a variety of different reasons - which ranged from scandal and resignations, pregnancy and defection, all in the space of eight months - was a new management team (albeit one promoted from within) and a swag of new labels, the absolute standout of which on the night just had to be Josh Goot and his colourblocked bodycon dresses and tulip skirts and tops with wildly expressionistic graphics. Not forgetting some highly polished Australian modelling talent, that included girls who have walked for some of the world's biggest fashion brands: Nicole Trunfio, Alexandra Agoston, Myf Shepherd, Stephanie Carta, Tiah Eckhardt and Christina Carey. And some newcomers who may soon follow them. Think Rosemary Smith (above, in Josh Goot), who is off to the European shows with at least one big name in her appointment book. Click (here) for frockwriter's Posterous pic gallery of backstage shots taken before and during the show.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- Rosemary Smith and Emilia Skuza hop on fashion's t...
- Bulgari's lion queen
- Gemma Ward is back - in black
- Gotham pretty
- Andrej Pejic on the cover of ZEIT magazin
- Melissa queen of the desert
- ANZAC day at Marc Jacobs
- Andrej Pejic talks to Seven's Sunday Night
- Add Dempsey Stewart to the Aussie posse of Fall/Wi...
- Portmans takes Abbey Lee Kershaw back to her roots...
- Julia Nobis gets dark for Jac + Jack Autumn/Winter...
- Knit happens
- In with the new - David Jones Autumn/Winter 2011
- Oyster sells out with Lara Bingle
- Meet the new boy, Jack Vanderhart
- The show goes on for David Jones... without sass &...
- Andrej Pejic on Sunday Night
- Australia's next top models plot a New York Fashio...
- Amanda Ware gets her bouffant on for Nicola Finett...
- Gemma Ward delivers a video address, calls in a fa...
- ▼ February 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)