Tuesday, January 19, 2010
gianfranco ferre FW1011/getty via daylife
Beyond fashion's rapidly accelerating digital uptake, with four brands streaming their shows live in the first two days of the men's Fall/Winter 2010/2011 runway season, which is currently underway in Milan, a couple of other trends of note. A definite heritage theme, with several houses that are celebrating anniversaries (Ermenegildo Zegna, 100 years; Dolce e Gabbana, 20) delving into their respective roots. The skinny trouser continues to trend, with a firm nod to the spray-on version - aka megging. At Dolce e Gabbana and Emporio Armani, morphing into longjohns. One garment to emerge in multiple collections is the shaggy man's coat or vest. Part glam rock, part Fred Flintsone, it's fashioned from fur, astrakhan, shearling or wool.
Top to bottom:
1. Gianfranco Ferré/Reuters
3. Vivienne Westwood/Getty
4. Pringle of Scotland/Getty
6. Costume National/Getty
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Tiah Eckhardt to replace Lara Stone for Eres?
- Myf and Tallulah nix fashion for art
- Jewel citizenship: Jenny Mercian rocks Victoria's ...
- Galliano saddles up for Christian Dior SS10 haute ...
- Cooper cocks his Revolver
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at the FW1011 menswear ...
- Oyster redux
- Fancy a shag?
- The Golden Globes stream live
- The making of Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2010 c...
- A chat with Tokyo Dandy
- My New Year's Eve
- Pressing matters
- Tiah Eckhardt counts her lovers
- The counterfeiters
- Bonne année
- ▼ January 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)