Sunday, January 3, 2010
In November, Today Tonight looked at the spate of blatant copies in the Australian mid market footwear sector. Last month, I developed a story about actual luxury brand counterfeits. It went to air on Christmas Eve, the fruit of several weeks shooting, first at Penrith market, including hidden camera footage, and then a police raid at Allambie Heights. We tagged along as police descended on one private house that was filled with counterfeit goods, including designer handbags and, alarmingly, fake prestige brand cosmetics. The figures quoted come from the International Anti Counterfeiting Coalition and also Australian Customs. Luxury counterfeits would definitely appear to be on the rise. According to Customs, the number of seizures was down by two thirds in the 08-09 financial year, but the volume of merchandise seized had doubled on 07-08. Reporter Laura Sparkes voiced the story. Hope to follow it up.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Tiah Eckhardt to replace Lara Stone for Eres?
- Myf and Tallulah nix fashion for art
- Jewel citizenship: Jenny Mercian rocks Victoria's ...
- Galliano saddles up for Christian Dior SS10 haute ...
- Cooper cocks his Revolver
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at the FW1011 menswear ...
- Oyster redux
- Fancy a shag?
- The Golden Globes stream live
- The making of Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2010 c...
- A chat with Tokyo Dandy
- My New Year's Eve
- Pressing matters
- Tiah Eckhardt counts her lovers
- The counterfeiters
- Bonne année
- ▼ January 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)