Saturday, January 23, 2010
vivienne westwood FW1011/sonny vandevelde
If you're a regular reader of this blog then you would already be familiar with the name Sonny Vandevelde: the Belgian Australian (aka Belgralian) photographer who has, in frockwriter's humble opinion, transformed backstage fashion photography into an art form. Sonny usually photographs the major womens' runway seasons, but he's on assignment in Paris at the moment completing his first menswear collections, shooting for a variety of publications. Click here to see Sonny's Milan FW1011 menswear slideshow on New York's ubercool Hintmag. And here to see his Paris FW1011 Hintmag gallery, which will be updated to include the latest shows - which wrap up tomorrow. And of course Sonny's blog for others. Frockwriter mentioned Sonny's mini retrospective in New York in September. Come March, he's having a similar show as part of the Melbourne Fashion Festival. Why he hasn't been snapped up by a major retailer or brand for a campaign is beyond me. Of course there was this Old Navy revamp - whose art director in fact used Sonny's shots for the campaign mockup (sighted by me), only to commission another photographer to copy his style. Sucks, but that's life. Ditto getting his heart broken by Lara Stone. But that's another story...
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Tiah Eckhardt to replace Lara Stone for Eres?
- Myf and Tallulah nix fashion for art
- Jewel citizenship: Jenny Mercian rocks Victoria's ...
- Galliano saddles up for Christian Dior SS10 haute ...
- Cooper cocks his Revolver
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at the FW1011 menswear ...
- Oyster redux
- Fancy a shag?
- The Golden Globes stream live
- The making of Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2010 c...
- A chat with Tokyo Dandy
- My New Year's Eve
- Pressing matters
- Tiah Eckhardt counts her lovers
- The counterfeiters
- Bonne année
- ▼ January 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)