Tuesday, January 26, 2010
If you missed the shots coming in overnight, here are some excerpts from Christian Dior's magnificent Spring/Summer 2010 haute couture show in Paris, via UK Telegraph fashion editor, Hilary Alexander. Frockwriter does not have the benefit of the show notes to hand, but the equestrienne and Gibson Girl influences seem fairly self evident. Given that American couturier Charles James was however not born until 1906, Alexander's suggestion that James was active at the "turn of the century" should be taken with a grain of salt. Judging by the two-tone hair, one might assume that contemporary Irish aristo Daphne Guiness may also have been a muse.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Tiah Eckhardt to replace Lara Stone for Eres?
- Myf and Tallulah nix fashion for art
- Jewel citizenship: Jenny Mercian rocks Victoria's ...
- Galliano saddles up for Christian Dior SS10 haute ...
- Cooper cocks his Revolver
- Sonny Vandevelde backstage at the FW1011 menswear ...
- Oyster redux
- Fancy a shag?
- The Golden Globes stream live
- The making of Louis Vuitton's Spring/Summer 2010 c...
- A chat with Tokyo Dandy
- My New Year's Eve
- Pressing matters
- Tiah Eckhardt counts her lovers
- The counterfeiters
- Bonne année
- ▼ January 2010 (16)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)