Thursday, April 15, 2010
Glorious day in Sydney and what a way to spend it - or at least an hour or so - down at the Overseas Passenger Terminal on Sydney Harbour. FYI international readers, this is where luxury cruise liners berth while in town. And while once a daggy, quasi-industrial zone, the area has been revamped with a series of chic restaurants and bars. It also happens to be the venue of Rosemount Australian Fashion Week, which kicks off in three weeks time, so it felt like we had all arrived a tad early. We were there to toast Leona Edmiston's Spring/Summer 2010/2011 season launch.
Three models, nine looks... Edmiston might not be joining in RAFW's 15th anniversary festivities, but she did do a fantastic job of launching the season at Quay restaurant with a charming capsule collection of fifties sundresses featuring retro prints and glamorous draped jersey eveningwear.
All accessories by Edmiston, with some spectacular millinery by Nerida Winter, makeup by MAC's Nicole Thompson and hair by Michael Brennan.
The three models were Chic Management's Hermione Cahill (top) and Chadwicks' Sarah Lorimer (third photo, L) and Bronx Whitehorn (pic 11 - with the blue and white turban).
I covered it live on Twitter, but here is a selection of other shots I snapped in and around the venue, before having to dash back to work.
Bring on RAFW.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Who's live streaming at RAFW SS1011
- Myf Shepherd and Rachel Rutt are MUTT
- Carla's killer chic
- Zanita Whittington books American Apparel
- Garance Doré for Westfield
- When the going gets weird... the weird turn frow
- RAFW SS1011 - The 15 year anniversary video
- Carson Kressley talks Oz fashion, emus and tv cons...
- Behemoth rocks
- New girl alert: Sarah Lorimer
- Cruise control
- Malcolm McLaren was not the first British record p...
- Death of a pop culture genius
- Garance Doré and Scott Schuman head back to Austra...
- Louise van de Vorst has stalkers
- Julia Nobis has big feet
- Death of an Australian fashion icon
- Today Tonight goes backstage at Calvin Klein
- ▼ April 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)