Wednesday, April 7, 2010
jean-philippe delhomme via oftenenamorado
Well it's not quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite the same as sitting front row on the OS show circuit, but last year's power blogger frow could almost be about to reassemble in Sydney. Well, with the exception of Bryanboy, who sadly can't make it down. We already know that Canada's Tommy Ton is heading down to next month's Rosemount Australian Fashion Week. Ditto Susie Bubble, who has claimed that she would have been part of Dolce e Gabbana's new media publicity stunt in September, had she not had to return to London. Well frockwriter can reveal that French street style photographer/illustrator/blogger Garance Doré is coming to Australia at the end of April and, according to well-placed sources, intends to stay on for RAFW.
Commissioned by Westfield to create a series of illustrations of Australian designers, Doré will unveil the drawings at launches in Sydney and Melbourne. Doré's partner Scott Schuman, aka The Sartorialist, is expected to accompany her.
If all goes to plan, this will make the second consecutive RAFW for the First Couple of fashion blogging, after Schuman was brought down to the event by Tourism Australia last year and Doré accompanied him.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Who's live streaming at RAFW SS1011
- Myf Shepherd and Rachel Rutt are MUTT
- Carla's killer chic
- Zanita Whittington books American Apparel
- Garance Doré for Westfield
- When the going gets weird... the weird turn frow
- RAFW SS1011 - The 15 year anniversary video
- Carson Kressley talks Oz fashion, emus and tv cons...
- Behemoth rocks
- New girl alert: Sarah Lorimer
- Cruise control
- Malcolm McLaren was not the first British record p...
- Death of a pop culture genius
- Garance Doré and Scott Schuman head back to Austra...
- Louise van de Vorst has stalkers
- Julia Nobis has big feet
- Death of an Australian fashion icon
- Today Tonight goes backstage at Calvin Klein
- ▼ April 2010 (18)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)