Thursday, March 17, 2011
Tuesday's Kookai show looked like a million dollars thanks to a great cast headed up by the brand's current advertising face in Australia, Juliana Forge. Nineteen year-old Forge could be the next antipodian to clean up at the international show circuit, once she finally makes a serious move offshore. She has just returned from a shoot for Greek Vogue which could be a harbinger of big things to come. Here is a quick iv frockwriter grabbed with Forge backstage before the show, in which she mentions that people frequently bring up her resemblance to fellow Melburnite Abbey Lee Kershaw, now the world number five model.
Frockwriter: You recently shot Greek Vogue?
Juliana Forge: Yes, I just shot that in Athens, two weeks ago. It's coming out next month or the month after, I can't remember. Amazing pieces. We shot it next to a private plane. We were at an airport actually, freezing cold weather. The whole travel idea... very glamorous, beautiful colours.
FW: When might we be seeing Juliana Forge at the international shows?
JF: Potentially later this year, but it may be something that happens next year.
FW: Do people often comment that you look like Abbey Lee Kershaw?
JF: Yes, I do sometimes get compared to Abbey. I take that as a huge compliment.
FW: Abbey Junior?
JF: Or Abbey's little sister [laughs]. I think [people think] we have quite similar eyes. I think some of our features are similar. Not that I see the similarity, but it does come up.
FW: If you are by any chance planning to dye your hair platinum blonde, that might confuse things.
FW: What do you think about the success Australian models are currently enjoying internationally?
JF: I think they're doing incredibly. It's amazing that so many girls did so well at the shows.
FW: And not just the girls. You mentioned that you once did a shoot with Andrej Pejic - and didn't realise he wasn't a woman until after the shoot.
JF: It was for the Herald Sun. It was a bit of a shock when the article came out and I realised it was a guy. He does look really feminine.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- Talking the talk: Fashion Torque, Live in the Stud...
- Gemma Ward impresses the critics and a new artist ...
- Zanita Whittington shoots a Puma
- Death of a Hollywood icon
- "I'm obsessed with models" - Melissa George
- Frankie's gold class - LMFF 2011
- Because the night - LMFF 2011
- Boy's own - LMFF 2011
- Alex Perry's Cuban revolution - LMFF 2011
- Juliana Forge often gets compared to Abbey Lee Ker...
- Deep in Vogue - LMFF 2011
- St Gilda - LMFF 2011
- Once were couturiers - Australian fashion icons re...
- Girls on film at the L'Oréal Melbourne Fashion Fes...
- Sunday rose: Abbey Lee Kershaw covers Sunday Magaz...
- Emily Baker, the girl who would be queen
- Gumleaf runway mafia
- Aussie exclusive number two: Ruby Jean Wilson open...
- From a tattoo parlour to a Givenchy exclusive - Ly...
- Myf Shepherd is back in the game
- Oh behave: WISH magazine April 2011, the London is...
- ▼ March 2011 (22)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)