Thursday, July 5, 2012
Australian agency Chic Management might be girding its loins for the imminent touchdown of IMG Models in Sydney and a potential run for its money as the toughest model negotiator in town, but when it came to the crème de la crème of world fashion events – the Paris haute couture shows, which wrapped yesterday – it had a clear monopoly. In the biggest Australian haute couture season that frockwriter can certainly recall, a total of nine antipodians worked the runways, seven of them repped in Australia by Chic: Montana Cox, Chrystal Copland, Nicole Pollard, Jemma Baines, Alexandra Agoston, Catherine McNeil and Ajak Deng (Deng is represented in Sydney only; her mother agent/personal manager is Stephen Bucknall from FRM Management in Melbourne). While it was the first haute couture season for Cox, Copland, Pollard and Baines, interesting to see McNeil and Agoston back at the couture for the first time in, by our estimate, three years.
Priscillas' Julia Nobis continued her reign as the queen of the runway, walking in seven of the week's best shows, notably opening both Raf Simons’ first glorious effort in his newly-minted role as creative director of the storied house of Christian Dior and also the Giambattista Valli show, while Chadwick's Andrej Pejic returned to Jean Paul Gaultier's couture runway.
Here are their show lists.
Christian Dior (opened)
Giambattista Valli (opened)
Jean Paul Gaultier
Jean Paul Gaultier
1/ julia nobis, christian dior/getty via daylife
2/ catherine mcneil, jean paul gaultier/getty via daylife
3/ jemma baines, giambattista valli//getty via daylife
4/ nicole pollard, christian dior/getty via daylife
5/ chrystal copland, chanel/getty via daylife
6/ montana cox, valentino/getty via daylife
7/ andrej pejic, jean paul gaultier/getty via daylife
8/ alexandra agoston, alexis mabille/getty via daylife
9/ ajak deng, givenchy/style bistrot
- ► 2013 (66)
- Was opening ceremony gatecrasher Madhura Nagendra ...
- MGM/Columbia/Sony and Tom Ford take product placem...
- Bambi Northwood-Blyth also has a dicky knee
- Richard Nicoll to launch his own eyewear line
- Miranda Kerr and Nicole Trunfio sign with IMG Aust...
- Seven minutes with Christine Centenera
- Andrej Pejic is shooting a reality television show...
- Laura Brown hosts The Look
- Dicky knees run in the Kershaw family
- Lara Stone rocks it out with Myles Crosby and Stev...
- Chesty Bond market
- Girls on film: Abbey Lee Kershaw on the set of Mad...
- Couture Chic
- Frockwriter turns four. Where to from here?
- ▼ July 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)