Saturday, June 13, 2009
Burberry creative director Christopher Bailey is edging closer and closer to that Burberry Prorsum logo (a medieval knight on a horse). One hour ago, the Queen's 2009 birthday honours list was announced and Bailey, who joined the iconic British luxury house in 2001, has just been welcomed into the Order of the British Empire as a Member, for services to the British fashion industry. Bailey has a couple of rungs to go on the British order of chivalry before he is eligible to be knighted. But with a few more excellent Burberry collections under his belt, not to mention some more genius campaign casting, there may be no stopping him (well, unless he's a republican). Also just uploaded: a behind-the-scenes video of the making of Burberry's F/W 09/10 collection which stars Harry Potter star Emma Watson. The campaign was shot on the banks of the Thames in London, adjacent to Burberry's HQ, which is staffed by 800 across admin, design/photo studios and a cafe. The Watson get, and MBE, are good news for the 153 year-old company in the tough economic climate, which saw Burberry post a loss of 6 million pounds in the year ended March 31st. Also just awarded an MBE: Natalie Massenet, founder of e-tailer Net-à-Porter.com, which sells Burberry (among many other luxury brands) - but conversely experienced a 234percent profit hike in 2008.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Paris salutes the King of Pop
- Trench wore fare
- Supré hearts Michael Jackson
- Balenciaga rocks the male harem pant
- Publish and be Dan
- Indie mags lead the RUSSH to social media
- The Roberto Cavalli scuba pant - and the model who...
- Model family
- Beau geste: Did the dog eat Versace's social media...
- Bottega Veneta rocks the cropped pant
- Jethro Cave's Gumby earring is apparently bigger t...
- The man clutch at Dolce e Gabbana
- The canvas megatote at Burberry
- Gaga for V
- Hunter + Kollektor
- Carry On Pirelli: Kerr, Kershaw and McNeil rubber ...
- Cut-price Diesel
- Seventy thousand were nuked in Nagasaki. Now you c...
- Christopher Bailey, MBE
- Christopher Kane taps the British government to ma...
- Rachel Rutt cruises into New York
- Zambesi's speed racer
- Creative Sydney: Advance Australia flair
- Sydney’s Fashion and Film Festivals hook up for a ...
- The Silence of the Birkins
- ▼ June 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (229)