Sunday, June 21, 2009
First spotted dangling off the ear of Australia's next top male model Jethro Cave during a photoshoot for the top model industry blog Confessions of a Casting Director a fortnight ago, Cave's Gumby earring must have appealed to the stylists over at Italian brand Costume National. Because there it was, still on Cave as he walked the show overnight in Milan. Cave is second out in this video below. That said, it's hard to imagine a huge gob of Kelly green rubber being easily adapted to the vision of most luxury brands, so one wonders if there's a chance that Cave simply refused to cooperate? It's not like it went with anything else in the collection. As was observed by the good folk over at The New York Times, who seemed quite perplexed when they noted on Twitter: "An inexplicable Gumby earring hanging off the ear of a model at Costume National". Cave is of course the son of rock legend Nick Cave and has of late become well-connected in the fashion biz. So perhaps noone tells him to lose the Gumby.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Paris salutes the King of Pop
- Trench wore fare
- Supré hearts Michael Jackson
- Balenciaga rocks the male harem pant
- Publish and be Dan
- Indie mags lead the RUSSH to social media
- The Roberto Cavalli scuba pant - and the model who...
- Model family
- Beau geste: Did the dog eat Versace's social media...
- Bottega Veneta rocks the cropped pant
- Jethro Cave's Gumby earring is apparently bigger t...
- The man clutch at Dolce e Gabbana
- The canvas megatote at Burberry
- Gaga for V
- Hunter + Kollektor
- Carry On Pirelli: Kerr, Kershaw and McNeil rubber ...
- Cut-price Diesel
- Seventy thousand were nuked in Nagasaki. Now you c...
- Christopher Bailey, MBE
- Christopher Kane taps the British government to ma...
- Rachel Rutt cruises into New York
- Zambesi's speed racer
- Creative Sydney: Advance Australia flair
- Sydney’s Fashion and Film Festivals hook up for a ...
- The Silence of the Birkins
- ▼ June 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (229)