Sunday, June 21, 2009
Yes the Spring/Summer 2010 menswear shows are off in Milan and thanks to a couple of social media-savvy brands that showed on day one – Dolce e Gabbana and Burberry – here is a closer look (just try a Google News search on Burberry, Dolce e Gabbana, Missoni, Jil Sander or any other brand which showed yesterday and see how much mainstream media coverage comes up right now - nada). Both Dolce e Gabbana and Burberry personally invited our buddy Bryanboy to see their shows and both companies very quickly provided images. Dolce e Gabbana deserves special mention for setting the social media agenda in the luxury world, by being the first major brand to live stream all its shows. Kollektor and frockwriter were among many to watch the company's show last night, the highlights of which – as we noted live – included compact clutch purses being carried by almost every model (who included Madonna squeeze Jesus Luz), glitzy jacquard smoking jackets over cropped trousers, bejewelled tuxedos, singlets with Marlon Brando graphics and a platoon of buffed muscle boys in heavily-distressed jeans (which, according to D&G's online alter-ego Swide, are lined in pyjama silk). More images after the jump. For complete coverage, from runway to backstage, head to Dolce e Gabbana’s website.
all images: Dolce e Gabbana
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Paris salutes the King of Pop
- Trench wore fare
- Supré hearts Michael Jackson
- Balenciaga rocks the male harem pant
- Publish and be Dan
- Indie mags lead the RUSSH to social media
- The Roberto Cavalli scuba pant - and the model who...
- Model family
- Beau geste: Did the dog eat Versace's social media...
- Bottega Veneta rocks the cropped pant
- Jethro Cave's Gumby earring is apparently bigger t...
- The man clutch at Dolce e Gabbana
- The canvas megatote at Burberry
- Gaga for V
- Hunter + Kollektor
- Carry On Pirelli: Kerr, Kershaw and McNeil rubber ...
- Cut-price Diesel
- Seventy thousand were nuked in Nagasaki. Now you c...
- Christopher Bailey, MBE
- Christopher Kane taps the British government to ma...
- Rachel Rutt cruises into New York
- Zambesi's speed racer
- Creative Sydney: Advance Australia flair
- Sydney’s Fashion and Film Festivals hook up for a ...
- The Silence of the Birkins
- ▼ June 2009 (25)
- ► 2008 (229)