Saturday, August 15, 2009
rachel rutt by sonny vandevelde
So Rachel Rutt was back in town for last week’s David Jones show. While in town, she shot a lookbook for Wish. Click here to see more out-takes on photographer Sonny Vandevelde’s blog. Frockwriter mentioned that after her stellar Australian Fashion Week in May, Rutt headed to New York for the cruise season, during which she shot lookbooks for Phillip Lim and Doo.Ri and featured on big buzz model industry websites models.com and COACD. Add to this several as yet unseen new jobs: a lookbook for eveningwear brand Marchesa, a shoot with Scott ‘The Sartorialist’ Schuman for Vogue Italia, presentations for Mulberry and Giles Deacon in London and a 14-page editorial shot in London by Andrew Hobbs for NZ's PILOT magazine. Rutt is now gearing up for the SS10 shows, which kick off in New York on September 9. As is Vandevelde who, in addition to covering the season, will unveil the first of two upcoming retrospectives showcasing a decade of his backstage photography at New York's Tribeca Grand Hotel from September 10-30. The second is due to take place during the 2010 Melbourne Fashion Festival.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Andrej 2010
- Fashion's Nordic horror fetish rocks on
- Charlotte Dawson was a Marc Jacobs muse?
- The downunder Allure of Jezebel?
- Anna Wintour on The Late Show with David Letterman...
- Risko business: Melbourne's mod bloggers face off ...
- Wintour on Letterman: "I reckon that makes me luke...
- V Magazine gets a little Norwegian wood
- Auto (model) portraits
- Cassi explores her window of modelling opportunity...
- Talking dressing your age with ABC Adelaide
- Myer backstage at RSFF
- A chat with Tahnee Atkinson at Myer
- A chat with Jennifer Hawkins at Myer
- Seafolly backstage at RSFF
- London Fashion Week snags sass & bide
- Jayson Brunsdon backstage at RSFF
- Kite Tails: First look at the second summer of Gin...
- Rachel Rutt, Sonny Vandevelde gear up for New York...
- Lui Hon: Project Runway Australia’s Voice of Hope
- Leah Howard helps put the Boogie Nights into Bonds...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw disrobes again....for PURPLE
- Four Australians to show in New York
- Props to Myer for welcoming plus size models onto ...
- David Jones's rainbow children
- On the campaign trail with Miranda Kerr
- A chat with Kelvin Harries
- David Jones Spring/Summer 2009/2010
- Out of Vogue: nipple jewellery
- Forget store wars, now it's a social media skirmis...
- Vogue Australia reaches modelling nirvana via Greg...
- Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw steam it up...
- ▼ August 2009 (32)
- ► 2008 (229)