When a spot opened up on the schedule last week and Alex Perry stepped in - after already showing off-schedule because he couldn't get the opening spot, yada yada yada - he confessed he had a few butterflies.
"It's the Harbour Room - I've only ever shown in the Cargo Hall," he told me, referring to the medium-sized Fashion Week venue. Striding into the show yesterday however, it was a different story.
How was Perry feeling about the show?
"Piece of piss," he noted - adding that he didn't mind being blogged on the comment.
Fill the Harbour Room he did - notably with a bevvie televisual blondes. I was sandwiched in between Erika Heynatz and Holly Brisley - directly across the runway from Annalise Braakensiek and Catriona Rowntree. The biggest news of the night could be summed up into four points:
1/ No KAK. See my first blog entry for a rundown on Perry's KAK live cross obsession. KAK missed out on her first opportunity to see a Perry show in the flesh, in being AWOL in QLD.
2/ Kate Fischer's absurd decolletage. I did a double-take while walking past La Fischer, who was sporting a ludicrously lowcut black sweater, which appeared slashed almost to her naval. It would have been a brave enough look on a woman slightly less well-endowed.
"Kate has always been a big girl but as she's gotten older they have travelled south," noted one fashionisto.
3/ Perry's blonde standing ovation. Clearly overwhelmed by the glamour of Perry's big frocks, the TV blondes stood in unison at the end to cheer him on.
4/Big occasion dresses look much better on a full-scale runway - than the cramped photographic studio where Perry showed the same collection off-schedule last week under mostly natural light.
But apparently KAK wasn't the only one to miss out on her big Perry moment.
Before the show Perry also confessed to having been to Greek orthodox church last weekend for easter - without his signature sunglasses glued to his head.
"And Woman's Day wasn't there to capture it!" he noted.
Original post and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Where are the celebs?
- Bec & Bridge and serious race wear
- Questions for the blog
- Cash for comment on the catwalk
- VIPs, VVIPs and blogtwists
- One Teaspoon, Leo Sayer and pole dancers
- Josh Goot, Lover and male genitalia
- Alex Perry and Kate Fischer's decolletage
- Peter Morrissey’s Bingle bungle
- White Suede, skinny jeans and soft porn
- Kirrily Johnston, Alannah Hill and Tsubi's evil ey...
- Michelle Leslie off the catwalk
- Gorman and Richard Carlton's tie
- Akira, Nick Cave's son and more Michelle Leslie
- Akira, door bitches and pregnant women
- Tight Knickers and tanties: it's Fashion Week agai...
- ▼ April 2006 (16)