Just seen Josh Goot at the old Qantas building at Chifley Square. They used the front foyer area which is apparently being converted into a bank but which for the moment is just an empty shell, with a bare concrete floor. Brilliant backdrop to Goot's space age tracky couture.
With the Lover show in the last spot last night, overnight internationals have been treated to two of Australia's best new designer names.
Given the floor-to-ceiling glass window at the Chifley Square venue, passersby also had a peep at Goot's collection. Quite a crowd gathered. Not sure just what many punters would make of his silver tracksuit pants and trench coats but they're flying off the shelves where he's stocked in Australia - and more and more stores overseas.
Lover meanwhile was shown in a tiny grungy warehouse space in Surry Hills. It had an edgy vibe, also a great canvas on which to paint the Lover show.
Designed by Susien Chong and Nic Briand, this label is going off overseas. Their sweet, Victorian-look smock dresses and highwaisted chambray and khaki microshorts are sure to prove yet more hits.
Bumped into Tsubi's Dan Single again outside that show. Twice in the one day - but no evils this time.
Tsubi were supposed to be doing a photo exhibition tonight but have apparently canned it. The wide-sweeping buzz had it that they photographed their new sunglasses range on male genitalia.
Makes a change from those pictures of bare-bottomed women in ungainly poses draped over motorbikes and cars.
Original post and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Where are the celebs?
- Bec & Bridge and serious race wear
- Questions for the blog
- Cash for comment on the catwalk
- VIPs, VVIPs and blogtwists
- One Teaspoon, Leo Sayer and pole dancers
- Josh Goot, Lover and male genitalia
- Alex Perry and Kate Fischer's decolletage
- Peter Morrissey’s Bingle bungle
- White Suede, skinny jeans and soft porn
- Kirrily Johnston, Alannah Hill and Tsubi's evil ey...
- Michelle Leslie off the catwalk
- Gorman and Richard Carlton's tie
- Akira, Nick Cave's son and more Michelle Leslie
- Akira, door bitches and pregnant women
- Tight Knickers and tanties: it's Fashion Week agai...
- ▼ April 2006 (16)