While we're waiting for the next show - Joveeba at 3.00pm - a few fashionistas/os wanted to pass on a few questions for the blog.
Lily Cole - the world's number 28 supermodel (source: www.models.com), backstage at Alice McCall
"Why is there not much food backstage at shows here?"
Who said supermodels don't eat?
Hiro Suzuki - H30 fashion/PR agency, Tokyo. Standing outside the Cargo Hall
"Why don't some Australian models shave properly?"
Hiro reports having spotted a number of models sporting a five o'clock shadow under their arms. This is precisely the kind of thing that a Japanese fashionisto would notice of course. In Japan, pubic hair is famously airbrushed out of photographs and under-arm laser epilation is, I hear, the go. I can't think of anything more painful..
Me - My BlackBerry
Finally I would like to know why male models aren't made to wear G-strings under their swimsuits, as applies to their female counterparts?
I was somewhat taken aback yesterday, in the swimwear group show, to spot far too much wedding tackle detail in the swim shorts of all those aspiring Chippendales who were modelling for the Serjeant brand. I don't want to have to think about circumcision at a fashion show.
Original post and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Where are the celebs?
- Bec & Bridge and serious race wear
- Questions for the blog
- Cash for comment on the catwalk
- VIPs, VVIPs and blogtwists
- One Teaspoon, Leo Sayer and pole dancers
- Josh Goot, Lover and male genitalia
- Alex Perry and Kate Fischer's decolletage
- Peter Morrissey’s Bingle bungle
- White Suede, skinny jeans and soft porn
- Kirrily Johnston, Alannah Hill and Tsubi's evil ey...
- Michelle Leslie off the catwalk
- Gorman and Richard Carlton's tie
- Akira, Nick Cave's son and more Michelle Leslie
- Akira, door bitches and pregnant women
- Tight Knickers and tanties: it's Fashion Week agai...
- ▼ April 2006 (16)