After berating Pete Stevanovski for being a luvvie yesterday and holding up the Akira show, I became one myself this morning. After booking a cab and then the cab disappearing when I didn't turn up at the designated time, I spent 15-20 minutes trying to find another. Managed to catch most of the Kirrily Johnston show. Fresh and fluid, her full-length, draped grey marle jersey gown and bright orange bubble dresses were a very good start to Day Two.
Icebergs was a great backdrop for the last show - but getting there and then getting back to the main venue (Overseas Passenger Terminal) can create delays.
The offsite thing has always been problematic. Many designers want to show in their own venues for ambience and that's fair enough. But not all of us luvvies have a private car and driver.
Finally flagged down a cab outside Icebergs and en route to White Suede at the OPT. It sounds like a brand of condoms, but in fact it's a newish resort brand that's rising quickly. Solo show - and big spot at David Jones.
Came face to face with Tsubi's Dan Single out the front of Icebergs and he seemed to be giving me evils. The Tsubi boys may have to change their brand name as the result of a trademark dispute with a Californian footwear brand, Tsubo.
Don't shoot me guys. It can't all be free frocks, handbags, jeans - and good press.
Original post and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Where are the celebs?
- Bec & Bridge and serious race wear
- Questions for the blog
- Cash for comment on the catwalk
- VIPs, VVIPs and blogtwists
- One Teaspoon, Leo Sayer and pole dancers
- Josh Goot, Lover and male genitalia
- Alex Perry and Kate Fischer's decolletage
- Peter Morrissey’s Bingle bungle
- White Suede, skinny jeans and soft porn
- Kirrily Johnston, Alannah Hill and Tsubi's evil ey...
- Michelle Leslie off the catwalk
- Gorman and Richard Carlton's tie
- Akira, Nick Cave's son and more Michelle Leslie
- Akira, door bitches and pregnant women
- Tight Knickers and tanties: it's Fashion Week agai...
- ▼ April 2006 (16)