Bumped into Michelle Leslie and Michael Azzollini outside the Akira show this morning. Here she is at the show, snapped by Herald photographer Steven Siewert.Leslie says she's not doing any shows at all this week - so much for all that speculation yesterday.But then perhaps her plans have changed...
One designer told me last night that Leslie had called his office on several occasions hoping to get into the brand's show, but that as much as the designer would have loved to have used her again - "She looks great, she's a great walker and she sells the clothes" - he already had a deal with Leslie's old agency to exclusively use their models. That's the agency which severed ties with Leslie after the Bali drama).
You gotta feel sorry for Leslie. Kate Moss was photographed - allegedly snorting cocaine - and her career has never looked back.
We're now at the first of the group events. These are called the Ready to Wear shows - a bunch of up-and-comers, many of whom are new to Fashion Week. It's a great entry level parade for MAFW - but some young labels think they're above them unfortunately.
Organisers claim Romance Was Born was offered a group show but they decided to stage a separate off-schedule event last night - and missed a lot of buyers and press, most of whom are here now.
Natasha Gan just sent out some ruffled teadresses. But Kate Hurst and Cybele are the biggest buzz new names of this show. Hurst included some black spray-on look skinny jeans - are they ever going away? - and pretty sundresses.
Hot new Sydney swim label Nookie is on now. Yes cute name. Lots of cutout swim shapes, searingly bright colours and yet more dresses.
The dress is still definitely having a moment. Michelle Leslie was in this show last year - I remember seeing the shots of her in Nookie.
Original story and comments.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)
- Where are the celebs?
- Bec & Bridge and serious race wear
- Questions for the blog
- Cash for comment on the catwalk
- VIPs, VVIPs and blogtwists
- One Teaspoon, Leo Sayer and pole dancers
- Josh Goot, Lover and male genitalia
- Alex Perry and Kate Fischer's decolletage
- Peter Morrissey’s Bingle bungle
- White Suede, skinny jeans and soft porn
- Kirrily Johnston, Alannah Hill and Tsubi's evil ey...
- Michelle Leslie off the catwalk
- Gorman and Richard Carlton's tie
- Akira, Nick Cave's son and more Michelle Leslie
- Akira, door bitches and pregnant women
- Tight Knickers and tanties: it's Fashion Week agai...
- ▼ April 2006 (16)