Tuesday, December 22, 2009
daniel jackson for dazed+confused via chic
Had a chat to Abbey Lee Kershaw Monday afternoon while she was working in Sydney. The details of the shoot are yet to be revealed, but I can share one of the more amusing model gossip gems to surface. When talking about how models navigate the runway in increasingly ludicrous designer shoes, we touched on the so-called 'armadillo' shoes from Alexander McQueen's S/S 2010 show (below). Wonder why we didn't see Kershaw, Sasha Pivovarova or Natasha Poly in the show? According to Kershaw, that's because after taking one look at the shoes, the supermod trio convened for a powow and decided to nix it.
alexander mcqueen SS10/style.com
With killer heels already causing one catwalk catastrophe for Kershaw at Rodarte in New York last September, followed by another near miss with similarly extreme shoes in February this year - the latter prompting her to skip the rest of the FW0910 season in order to nurse a knee injury - little wonder she was loathe to take the risk.
And all that's not counting, of course, the too-tight corset at McQueen's SS09 show one year earlier in Paris, in which Kershaw fainted.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Make me a Zimmermann model
- McQueen's shoes weren't meant for walking - Abbey ...
- Swim Fashion Week axed
- Hedi Christmas
- You've got to hand it to Supré
- Guess who's back in town?
- Those who make passes at girls who wear glasses: t...
- Cassi van den Dungen - two steps closer to her mod...
- First look at Tahnee Atkinson in Bettina Liano's n...
- The Sunday Telegraph: The disturbing trend of mode...
- ▼ December 2009 (10)
- ► 2008 (229)