Thursday, December 30, 2010
Over Christmas the US east coast was blanketed by a ferocious snow blizzard, while heavy snow prompted airport closures across Europe. Australia, meanwhile, has been experiencing its wettest summer on record, with thousands in Queensland stranded by floods. Not helping assuage our paranoia that we could be facing a Roland Emmerich-style snowmaggedon: NASA reports that 2010 was the hottest year on record and one meteorologist claims we are inching towards a mini ice age. Emerging Indonesian photographer and filmmaker Shadtoto Prasetio picks up the global warming gauntlet with this haunting editorial called Climate Climax. Starring Juliet Pishnyak, the spread appears in the December edition of new Indonesian fashion magazine Dew (as spotted by Noir Facade). Dew was launched in August by photographer/art director Teuku Ajie who, like Shadtoto, is 24 and based in Jakarta. Shadtoto’s blog has some other work with an equally interesting horror bent, notably the Desperate Housewife and Horrific Beauty stories. Definitely one to watch.
all images: shadtoto prasetio for dew magazine, via shadtoto prasetio
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- The transvestite issue
- Shadtoto Prasetio: The Jakarta protocol
- Myf Shepherd goes back to work
- Catherine McNeil scores her fifth Vogue Australia ...
- Jessica Gomes is the Megan Gale of South Korea
- A Merry Marc, Anna, Carine, Tom and Tavi Christmas...
- Julia Restoin-Roitfeld interviews Tom Ford for V M...
- Rosemary Smith pieces together Jigsaw for Autumn/W...
- Power couple
- Andrej Pejic nabs Marc by Marc Jacobs to boot
- Auckland retail in the Qantas Travel Insider
- A supermodel New Year
- Australian Fashion Week founder Simon Lock awarded...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw channels Vali Myers for ManiaMan...
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides traile...
- Pawel Bednarek fronts Song for the Mute Autumn/Win...
- Pretty babies
- Portmans signs Abbey Lee Kershaw
- Andrej Pejic: Shooting Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw falls off her bike
- The revolution will be merchandised
- Young guns: Thom Kerr shoots Codie Young in Elliot...
- The lovely bones: Anna Lundgaard
- The dark side: Meghan Collison covers Oyster 90
- Andrej Pejic, campaign trailblazer
- From Social-Lites to Urbanomics: Eleven "crucial" ...
- Westfield Sydney in 3D
- Ivy Shore
- Vogue means never having to say you're seventy
- Old spice: Not even age shall weary Tom Ford's fas...
- The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010
- Rachel Rutt, the face of summer
- ▼ December 2010 (32)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)