Thursday, December 23, 2010
Rosemary Smith has had a big year. After a slow burn in 2009, during which she shot for Harpers Bazaar Australia and Marie Claire Australia - and made it onto models.com's emerging models/creatives site, The Ones 2 Watch - this year she nabbed a Vogue Australia exclusive, which saw her featured in the August, October, November and December editions, swapped agencies (from Viviens to Chic Management) and will soon be featured in a new faces spread in V Magazine in the US. The latter was shot last month, while she attended castings for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Smith wasn't cast in the latter, however she has just bagged another local ad campaign. Adding to her recent Ksubi Eyewear and Ojay campaigns, here is a first look at Smith in the Autumn/Winter 2011 campaign for another Australian high street fashion chain, Jigsaw. It sees the Daria Werbowy lookalike reunited with photographer Nicole Bentley, who shot two of the Vogue editorials. The campaign was styled by Claudia Navone and photographed in a private mansion in Bellevue Hill. After her recent turn on the David Jones runway, where Smith caught the eye of Sydney expat casting director Kannon Rajah (who just added Versace to his client list, which already includes Fendi and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show), let's hope we see her on the international runways in 2011.
all images: nicole bentley for jigsaw. supplied exclusively to frockwriter by jigsaw
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- The transvestite issue
- Shadtoto Prasetio: The Jakarta protocol
- Myf Shepherd goes back to work
- Catherine McNeil scores her fifth Vogue Australia ...
- Jessica Gomes is the Megan Gale of South Korea
- A Merry Marc, Anna, Carine, Tom and Tavi Christmas...
- Julia Restoin-Roitfeld interviews Tom Ford for V M...
- Rosemary Smith pieces together Jigsaw for Autumn/W...
- Power couple
- Andrej Pejic nabs Marc by Marc Jacobs to boot
- Auckland retail in the Qantas Travel Insider
- A supermodel New Year
- Australian Fashion Week founder Simon Lock awarded...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw channels Vali Myers for ManiaMan...
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides traile...
- Pawel Bednarek fronts Song for the Mute Autumn/Win...
- Pretty babies
- Portmans signs Abbey Lee Kershaw
- Andrej Pejic: Shooting Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw falls off her bike
- The revolution will be merchandised
- Young guns: Thom Kerr shoots Codie Young in Elliot...
- The lovely bones: Anna Lundgaard
- The dark side: Meghan Collison covers Oyster 90
- Andrej Pejic, campaign trailblazer
- From Social-Lites to Urbanomics: Eleven "crucial" ...
- Westfield Sydney in 3D
- Ivy Shore
- Vogue means never having to say you're seventy
- Old spice: Not even age shall weary Tom Ford's fas...
- The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2010
- Rachel Rutt, the face of summer
- ▼ December 2010 (32)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)