Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Forget the Ferragamos. Nicole Kidman might wear the Italian luxury shoe brand in the upcoming epic Australia, but she looked to have been rocking iconic Australian cobbler RM Williams today in Sydney.
Photographed (^) shopping at the Herringbone store in the Sydney suburb of Woollahra with hubbie Keith Urban, Kidman teamed her leather bomber jacket, skinny tobacco trousers with tuxedo stripe and luxury tote with what frockwriter reckons could be RM Williams’ Durack style.
Retailing for A$359.95 on the RM Williams e-boutique, the Durack boot is made from one piece of leather and boasts a brass screwed sole, full leather stacked flat heel and chisel toe.
The style is named after, one assumes, Australian writer and historian Dame Mary Durack, whose famous 1959 book Kings In Grass Castles charted the story of the pioneering Durack family, who settled in Western Australia’s Kimberley region.
The latter provided one of the shoot locations for Baz Lurhmann’s new film Australia, which stars Kidman as an English aristocract who inherits a remote Oz cattle station the size of Belgium.
RM Williams is a popular brand with many Australians - and Australian celebrities.
Coincidentally, Fox senior VP international marketing Kieran Breen told Variety in May that the Australian bush outfitter was one of several Australian brands which had inked promotional tie-in deals with the studio to coincide with the film’s release.
The others include Telstra, Westfield and Qantas.
One hopes the latter’s spate of technical problems have been resolved by the film’s slated November 13th Australian release.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Carla Zampatti: "I'm not a global brand - but I ha...
- Gladiators of the high-low shoe biz, Myer salutes ...
- Front-of-house Myer
- Backstage @ Myer
- Bush outfit: Kidman’s off-screen RM Williams ode
- Alice McCall on SHOWstudio
- Pack Rats: sass & bide’s new rodent hero product r...
- Tavi to a T: Style Rookie profiled (finally) by NY...
- In (American) Vogue: Michael Angel
- An Angel at their schedule: Oz fashion's dark hors...
- Ray of light: Costarella gets his IMG dues (after ...
- Ford’s Gary Dakin on diversity in modelling: Naomi...
- Michelle Jank helps reimage Oz wool
- Carla Zampatti: Australian Fashion Laureate
- Sarah Stephens: "Good vibe" from Mario Testino, ha...
- QF 424 Melbourne-Sydney: A graphic recording
- FGI roadshow Part II
- Model revheads: Dad and Orlando bonded over bikes
- Miranda Kerr: I was a teenage political pawn
- Front-of-house David Jones
- Backstage @ David Jones
- FGI roadshow Part I
- Gemma Ward's Black Balloon to hit US - apparently ...
- Goot to go: Goot on schedule at LFW
- And then there were two: sass & bide pull out of N...
- Is Jezebel's model mole looking at a book deal?
- ▼ August 2008 (26)