Saturday, August 9, 2008
A very quick chat with Sarah Stephens (R ^) and Rachel Rutt backstage after Tuesday's David Jones show.
Stephens must have been on a whirlwind trip back downunder because she has been in New York for the past two months, where she does not appear to have stopped either working - or talking to media outlets.
Here are some details via Stephens' new New York magazine model profile and a few others, including that amusing New York mag video she did last month.
With Stephens was another potential Chic hatchling, Rachel Rutt, who told me that she's just waiting to finish her last year of school this year, before she plans to head OS as well.
Rutt speaks with an American accent - and for a reason that not even she appears to understand.
"Yeah it's American, apparently" said Rutt. "I grew up in Japan".
Here's the chat with Stephens:
So just a quick visit back home then – are you heading back to New York soon?
Sarah Stephens: I’m going back Thursday week. Going back for the shows. Give them a go.
What was the Mario Testino shoot for? The New York reporter mentioned it [in the above-linked video] but I don’t recall seeing anything else about a Testino shoot.
It was just for a casting. So mainly I just got a good vibe from Mario.
Testino didn’t option you exclusively then – à la Catherine McNeil?
Not that I know of. I’m not sure. And I worked with Greg Kadel three times, for Numero Homme and French Numero and Italian Vogue.
So it’s been pretty hectic?
It’s been pretty hectic over there. It’s quite daunting to go back there again. I’m just really planning to go back and do the castings for the shows.
Is Myf [Shepherd] still over there? Are you friends with Myf?
Yeah, I think she’s back here at the moment. She’s doing her final year of school.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- Carla Zampatti: "I'm not a global brand - but I ha...
- Gladiators of the high-low shoe biz, Myer salutes ...
- Front-of-house Myer
- Backstage @ Myer
- Bush outfit: Kidman’s off-screen RM Williams ode
- Alice McCall on SHOWstudio
- Pack Rats: sass & bide’s new rodent hero product r...
- Tavi to a T: Style Rookie profiled (finally) by NY...
- In (American) Vogue: Michael Angel
- An Angel at their schedule: Oz fashion's dark hors...
- Ray of light: Costarella gets his IMG dues (after ...
- Ford’s Gary Dakin on diversity in modelling: Naomi...
- Michelle Jank helps reimage Oz wool
- Carla Zampatti: Australian Fashion Laureate
- Sarah Stephens: "Good vibe" from Mario Testino, ha...
- QF 424 Melbourne-Sydney: A graphic recording
- FGI roadshow Part II
- Model revheads: Dad and Orlando bonded over bikes
- Miranda Kerr: I was a teenage political pawn
- Front-of-house David Jones
- Backstage @ David Jones
- FGI roadshow Part I
- Gemma Ward's Black Balloon to hit US - apparently ...
- Goot to go: Goot on schedule at LFW
- And then there were two: sass & bide pull out of N...
- Is Jezebel's model mole looking at a book deal?
- ▼ August 2008 (26)