Monday, August 17, 2009
Frockwriter loved Ginger & Smart’s first spring/summer 0910 collection at RAFW, entitled Sky Dancer. In fact we thought the collection - highlights from which included rainbow maxi dresses and tough chic grommeted gilets - was probably the strongest that sisters Alexandra and Genevieve Smart have shown at the event. Well on the eve of the sophomore edition of IMG FASHION Asia Pacific's new consumer-focussed Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival, at which Ginger & Smart will present a mélange of their first and second summer collections on Saturday night, here is an exclusive preview of that second summer collection. Called Kite Tails, it is similarly inspired by children’s kites. Here is also the brief (and sadly low audio quality) backstage interview we did with the Smarts after the RAFW show. Click here for the full RSFF schedule, which kicks off officially at 6.pm tonight with Jayson Brunsdon’s show. Frockwriter will be on the scene, reporting live via Twitter. Follow the Twitter widget on the right-hand side of the page.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Andrej 2010
- Fashion's Nordic horror fetish rocks on
- Charlotte Dawson was a Marc Jacobs muse?
- The downunder Allure of Jezebel?
- Anna Wintour on The Late Show with David Letterman...
- Risko business: Melbourne's mod bloggers face off ...
- Wintour on Letterman: "I reckon that makes me luke...
- V Magazine gets a little Norwegian wood
- Auto (model) portraits
- Cassi explores her window of modelling opportunity...
- Talking dressing your age with ABC Adelaide
- Myer backstage at RSFF
- A chat with Tahnee Atkinson at Myer
- A chat with Jennifer Hawkins at Myer
- Seafolly backstage at RSFF
- London Fashion Week snags sass & bide
- Jayson Brunsdon backstage at RSFF
- Kite Tails: First look at the second summer of Gin...
- Rachel Rutt, Sonny Vandevelde gear up for New York...
- Lui Hon: Project Runway Australia’s Voice of Hope
- Leah Howard helps put the Boogie Nights into Bonds...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw disrobes again....for PURPLE
- Four Australians to show in New York
- Props to Myer for welcoming plus size models onto ...
- David Jones's rainbow children
- On the campaign trail with Miranda Kerr
- A chat with Kelvin Harries
- David Jones Spring/Summer 2009/2010
- Out of Vogue: nipple jewellery
- Forget store wars, now it's a social media skirmis...
- Vogue Australia reaches modelling nirvana via Greg...
- Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw steam it up...
- ▼ August 2009 (32)
- ► 2008 (229)