Tuesday, August 18, 2009
getty by daylife
So it’s official. Confirming an August 7 report in frockwriter that sass & bide was close to securing a slot on the SS10 London Fashion Week schedule, the British Fashion Council has just confirmed the brand will show on day one of its 25th anniversary event: Friday 18th September at 7.15pm. Sass & bide also celebrates a milestone this year: 2009 marks 10 years since Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke first launched the brand, and coincidentally, in London. The duo then returned to Australia, debuting at Mercedes Australian Fashion Week in May 2000 in a group show, before making their solo runway debut the following year at the event. In 2002 they began showing at London Fashion Week and in February 2004, joined the New York Fashion Week schedule. London sales have been particularly good and the city is to be the location of the brand’s first offshore boutique, Middleton recently told frockwriter.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Andrej 2010
- Fashion's Nordic horror fetish rocks on
- Charlotte Dawson was a Marc Jacobs muse?
- The downunder Allure of Jezebel?
- Anna Wintour on The Late Show with David Letterman...
- Risko business: Melbourne's mod bloggers face off ...
- Wintour on Letterman: "I reckon that makes me luke...
- V Magazine gets a little Norwegian wood
- Auto (model) portraits
- Cassi explores her window of modelling opportunity...
- Talking dressing your age with ABC Adelaide
- Myer backstage at RSFF
- A chat with Tahnee Atkinson at Myer
- A chat with Jennifer Hawkins at Myer
- Seafolly backstage at RSFF
- London Fashion Week snags sass & bide
- Jayson Brunsdon backstage at RSFF
- Kite Tails: First look at the second summer of Gin...
- Rachel Rutt, Sonny Vandevelde gear up for New York...
- Lui Hon: Project Runway Australia’s Voice of Hope
- Leah Howard helps put the Boogie Nights into Bonds...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw disrobes again....for PURPLE
- Four Australians to show in New York
- Props to Myer for welcoming plus size models onto ...
- David Jones's rainbow children
- On the campaign trail with Miranda Kerr
- A chat with Kelvin Harries
- David Jones Spring/Summer 2009/2010
- Out of Vogue: nipple jewellery
- Forget store wars, now it's a social media skirmis...
- Vogue Australia reaches modelling nirvana via Greg...
- Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw steam it up...
- ▼ August 2009 (32)
- ► 2008 (229)