Friday, August 14, 2009
Project Runway Australia series 2 is underway. For those, like frockwriter, who were unimpressed with the commercial RAFW offerings of PRA series 1 winner Juli Grbac, take heart. The edgy, unisex aesthetic of Malaysian Australian Lui Hon, who made it to the top four of last season's show, is quietly gathering speed. First up, Hon's womenswear and menswear is already stocked in Assin Sydney and Melbourne, which sells leading international labels such as Lanvin, Rick Owens, Dior Homme, Junya Watanabe and Haider Ackerman. Other stockists include Sydney’s Alistair Trung and Artwear and Perth’s Zekka. Hon's Autumn/Winter 2009 mini collection, previewed at the Melbourne Fashion Festival in March, can be seen on his website. But herewith an exclusive preview of Hon’s first complete production collection: SS0910's Voice of Hope.
all photographs: christopher tovo
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Andrej 2010
- Fashion's Nordic horror fetish rocks on
- Charlotte Dawson was a Marc Jacobs muse?
- The downunder Allure of Jezebel?
- Anna Wintour on The Late Show with David Letterman...
- Risko business: Melbourne's mod bloggers face off ...
- Wintour on Letterman: "I reckon that makes me luke...
- V Magazine gets a little Norwegian wood
- Auto (model) portraits
- Cassi explores her window of modelling opportunity...
- Talking dressing your age with ABC Adelaide
- Myer backstage at RSFF
- A chat with Tahnee Atkinson at Myer
- A chat with Jennifer Hawkins at Myer
- Seafolly backstage at RSFF
- London Fashion Week snags sass & bide
- Jayson Brunsdon backstage at RSFF
- Kite Tails: First look at the second summer of Gin...
- Rachel Rutt, Sonny Vandevelde gear up for New York...
- Lui Hon: Project Runway Australia’s Voice of Hope
- Leah Howard helps put the Boogie Nights into Bonds...
- Abbey Lee Kershaw disrobes again....for PURPLE
- Four Australians to show in New York
- Props to Myer for welcoming plus size models onto ...
- David Jones's rainbow children
- On the campaign trail with Miranda Kerr
- A chat with Kelvin Harries
- David Jones Spring/Summer 2009/2010
- Out of Vogue: nipple jewellery
- Forget store wars, now it's a social media skirmis...
- Vogue Australia reaches modelling nirvana via Greg...
- Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw steam it up...
- ▼ August 2009 (32)
- ► 2008 (229)