Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Carla Zampatti once customised a Ford Laser, Collette Dinnigan has had a longstanding relationship with Audi and of course Australian Fashion Week once partnered with Mercedes Benz. Behold Australia's latest fashionable automobile ambassadors: sass & bide's Heidi Middleton and Sarah-Jane Clarke, who have just hooked up with British luxury marque Range Rover, coincidentally in the same month that Range Rover celebrates its 40th anniversary. And while a liaison with Queen Elizabeth II's preferred wheels option - a car that is fondly referred to in Melbourne circles as the "Toorak Taxi" - might seem a little establishment for this funky downtown fashion brand, whose hero products are sprayed-on jeans and leggings, Middleton and Clarke are for the moment spruiking the virtues of the newer, slightly more compact Range Rover Sport. According to the sass & bide HQ, Middleton has the keys to a white one, while Clarke's is black. Although British-born, Range Rover was acquired by India's Tata Motors for US$2.5billion in 2008, along with its Land Rover parent and Jaguar, and may soon shift manufacturing to China.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Booked: FASHION by Mitchell Oakley Smith
- Sylvie Markovina gets a hand from Kim Kardashian
- Gemma Ward, action star?
- Andrej Pejic mixes it up at Jean Paul Gaultier
- Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2011 menswear show ...
- Meet Australia's next top male model Jordan Coulte...
- Charlotte Rampling, cover girl - at 64
- Vale Richard Bailey
- Zippora Seven gets Romantic with Gen Kay
- Tallulah Morton crams White Sands, Harpers Bazaar ...
- The extreme cheek of Italian Vogue
- Miranda Kerr definitely hooked up with Balenciaga ...
- Miranda's Balenciaga hat trick?
- Gemma Ward proves her moment is far from "over" by...
- Boots and all: Kirsten Carriol plans to bring back...
- Nutbush City Limits: Romance Was Born's "granular"...
- Social (fashion) workers
- Woollahra Council agrees it should lighten up, but...
- Every move she makes: Cassi van den Dungen stalked...
- Flake's Alexander McQueen fake
- Eye of the Tiger: Melise Williams rocks Nicola Fin...
- World number #1 Lara Stone lands triple Calvin Kle...
- Adidas, Beckham, Daft Punk and co do the Star Wars...
- Thurley's butterfly effect
- Zanita Whittington tastes life in the fat lane
- sass & bide get their motors running with Range Ro...
- Emma Balfour shoots Willow... and Céline?
- ▼ June 2010 (28)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)