Thursday, June 3, 2010
zanita whittington's twitpic
Since frockwriter revealed in late April that Sydney model and blogger Zanita Whittington was LA-bound to star in an advertising campaign for American Apparel, she has garnered quite a bit of press. A raft of outlets, starting with Jezebel and New York Magazine, noted that Whittington's win was at odds with American Apparel's claim that the company only uses its employees, and not genetically-blessed professional models, in its campaigns. So was Whittington trying to get a little closer to regular folk today when she used an odious new iPhone app called Fatbooth to don a digital fat suit and Tweet a rather more rotund version of herself? “Better lay off the chocolates” she quipped in a Twitpic caption. (Here is our recent, non-enhanced shot of Whittington, below, for comparison). Anyone launching a modelizer app that turns the plus-sized into size zeros?
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Booked: FASHION by Mitchell Oakley Smith
- Sylvie Markovina gets a hand from Kim Kardashian
- Gemma Ward, action star?
- Andrej Pejic mixes it up at Jean Paul Gaultier
- Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2011 menswear show ...
- Meet Australia's next top male model Jordan Coulte...
- Charlotte Rampling, cover girl - at 64
- Vale Richard Bailey
- Zippora Seven gets Romantic with Gen Kay
- Tallulah Morton crams White Sands, Harpers Bazaar ...
- The extreme cheek of Italian Vogue
- Miranda Kerr definitely hooked up with Balenciaga ...
- Miranda's Balenciaga hat trick?
- Gemma Ward proves her moment is far from "over" by...
- Boots and all: Kirsten Carriol plans to bring back...
- Nutbush City Limits: Romance Was Born's "granular"...
- Social (fashion) workers
- Woollahra Council agrees it should lighten up, but...
- Every move she makes: Cassi van den Dungen stalked...
- Flake's Alexander McQueen fake
- Eye of the Tiger: Melise Williams rocks Nicola Fin...
- World number #1 Lara Stone lands triple Calvin Kle...
- Adidas, Beckham, Daft Punk and co do the Star Wars...
- Thurley's butterfly effect
- Zanita Whittington tastes life in the fat lane
- sass & bide get their motors running with Range Ro...
- Emma Balfour shoots Willow... and Céline?
- ▼ June 2010 (28)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)