Tuesday, November 18, 2008
reuters via daylife
As I type, Sydney’s central business district is in gridlock. One section of the George Street main drag has been blocked off to traffic since 2.00pm, in preparation for tonight’s world premiere of Baz Lurhmann's latest film, Australia, starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. A press conference for 1000 has just wrapped down at the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay. Kidman dazzled in what frockwriter can reveal was an elegant white silk L’Wren Scott bustier dress and jacket with Christian Louboutin stilettos.
The official red carpet starts in two hours.
'Australia' stars Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman and David Gulpilil at the press conference/reuters via daylife
The frock intel comes directly from the Kidman camp.
FYI, here is what looks very much like the dress and jacket in question, from L'Wren Scott's Spring/Summer 2009 collection:
l'wren scott SS09/style.com
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- If you build it: Vale Jørn Utzon
- Myf nabs Miu Miu - apparently alongside Katie Hol...
- 'Too Young': The Cobrasnake exposes 200 girls, Tal...
- Absence of Melise - but perhaps not for much longe...
- Tallulah Morton - apparently still partying with T...
- Allan Powell, fashionisto
- In Vogue (and soon, everywhere else): Emma Summert...
- Swim Fashion Week (eventually) launched in Sydney
- Akira, Zimmermann and Josh Goot @ FGI
- IMG's new waterbaby: Swim Fashion Week on the Gold...
- 'Australia' world premiere - the red carpet
- 'Australia' world premiere - the presser
- Panty power
- Angel touchdown
- Don Draper's latest squeeze
- A Rajah and his queens
- Beach blanket babelon
- Sarah Stephens: Earth Angel
- Grazia's "incredible" figures while other weeklies...
- Gemma Ward - close, but no cigar
- Finch takes flight
- Victoria's secret Aussie Angels?
- Grazia's good Friday?
- Bend it like Calvin: Alyssa Sutherland's HUGE come...
- Gemma Ward: Back in Vogue
- Gemma Ward: Apparently not going out in New York
- Le Rouge et le Noir: Obama makes history, Michelle...
- Yes, he did
- Zac Posen fashions the vote
- Is John McCain the Imelda Marcos of the 56th presi...
- Another Oz model blogger - and this one has a four...
- ▼ November 2008 (31)