Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Anyone who is wondering precisely what is the nature of the mystery pow-wow being convened by IMG FASHION Asia Pacific head honcho Simon Lock in Sydney on Thursday morning, frockwriter's sources say that IMG is about to announce the launch of an Australian swimwear showcase on Queensland’s Gold Coast for February. (Updated 19/11/08 @ 9.00am: now confirmed).
UPDATED: SWIM FASHION WEEK (EVENTUALLY) LAUNCHED IN SYDNEY
Although neither Lock’s nor IMG’s names are mentioned in this story that has just gone up in a Gold Coast newspaper, according to Geoff Grady, the ceo of Sanctuary Cove, the Gold Coast luxury resort will host an event called Swim Fashion Week from February 25-28 2009.
The actual venue will be the Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove.
Sources have told frockwriter that this is one and the same event being planned by IMG.
Although staged, according to Grady, as part of the resort’s 21st birthday celebrations, reference is made to the event becoming “one of only two swimwear fashion weeks in the world” and “the southern hemisphere equivalent to Miami fashion week”.
IMG of course operates an annual swimwear showcase in Miami.
Frockwriter is curious just how the event will work on, at the very least, the publicity front, given that it is due to take place at exactly the same time as the northern hemisphere autumn/winter 09/10 ready-to-wear collections.
The February timing however synchs perfectly with the selling cycle of Australian swimwear manufacturers.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- If you build it: Vale Jørn Utzon
- Myf nabs Miu Miu - apparently alongside Katie Hol...
- 'Too Young': The Cobrasnake exposes 200 girls, Tal...
- Absence of Melise - but perhaps not for much longe...
- Tallulah Morton - apparently still partying with T...
- Allan Powell, fashionisto
- In Vogue (and soon, everywhere else): Emma Summert...
- Swim Fashion Week (eventually) launched in Sydney
- Akira, Zimmermann and Josh Goot @ FGI
- IMG's new waterbaby: Swim Fashion Week on the Gold...
- 'Australia' world premiere - the red carpet
- 'Australia' world premiere - the presser
- Panty power
- Angel touchdown
- Don Draper's latest squeeze
- A Rajah and his queens
- Beach blanket babelon
- Sarah Stephens: Earth Angel
- Grazia's "incredible" figures while other weeklies...
- Gemma Ward - close, but no cigar
- Finch takes flight
- Victoria's secret Aussie Angels?
- Grazia's good Friday?
- Bend it like Calvin: Alyssa Sutherland's HUGE come...
- Gemma Ward: Back in Vogue
- Gemma Ward: Apparently not going out in New York
- Le Rouge et le Noir: Obama makes history, Michelle...
- Yes, he did
- Zac Posen fashions the vote
- Is John McCain the Imelda Marcos of the 56th presi...
- Another Oz model blogger - and this one has a four...
- ▼ November 2008 (31)