Wednesday, November 12, 2008
abbey lee kershaw/next via models.com
The world’s biggest, and sexiest, fashion show is just three days away. Contracted Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda Kerr will of course be in it. But due to touch down in Miami is a special VS jet carrying up to 30 models who will also take part. At least two other Australian names have been mooted as VS potentials [UPDATED: now confirmed].
Who are they?
Well, although apparently booked for the gig, things can change at the last minute and frockwriter gave our undertaking that we would not reveal their names.
There has already been some online speculation that Abbey Lee Kershaw has been booked – pegged on what appeared to be Kershaw’s composite card spotted in the background of an E Entertainment story on preparations for the show.
If Kershaw does do the show, let's hope the corsets aren't too tight - because we'd hate to see her faint again.
Another potential Australian Angel would seem a perfect fit for the job. Bombshells don’t axiomatically always make the best high fashion models. Although there are certainly some who have managed to segue between the two milieus – Gisele Bündchen and Lara Stone being two good examples - curves may get in the way of the runway. They are however de rigueur for swimwear and lingerie. Let's leave it at that.
UPDATED: SARAH STEPHENS - EARTH ANGEL
UPDATED: BEACH BLANKET BABELON
UPDATED: A RAJAH AND HIS QUEENS
UPDATED: ANGEL TOUCHDOWN
UPDATED: PANTY POWER
Plenty of models do the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show without necessarily being upgraded to the official status of a Victoria’s Secret "Angel".
But it’s not a bad foot in the door.
Call the shows cheesy, the compensation for being booked for this gig – as distinct from the runways of Balenciaga, Prada or Marc Jacobs etc – is that a VS show appearance could put a model in line for a potentially highly lucrative VS contract.
They don’t call the US$5billion company a "modelling machine" for nothing. Seven of the 15 models on Forbes 2008 Top-Earning Models list – and four of the list’s top five - boast current or former commercial connections with VS.
Due to be recorded at Miami’s Fontainebleau Hotel on Saturday 15th November, the 2008 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will not be screened until December 3 on CBS.
Coverage of the 2008 show coincides with reports of a potential class action lawsuit filed against Victoria’s Secret in the US, over claims that skin irritations have been caused by some of its products, with formaldehyde identified in some tests.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- ► 2009 (415)
- If you build it: Vale Jørn Utzon
- Myf nabs Miu Miu - apparently alongside Katie Hol...
- 'Too Young': The Cobrasnake exposes 200 girls, Tal...
- Absence of Melise - but perhaps not for much longe...
- Tallulah Morton - apparently still partying with T...
- Allan Powell, fashionisto
- In Vogue (and soon, everywhere else): Emma Summert...
- Swim Fashion Week (eventually) launched in Sydney
- Akira, Zimmermann and Josh Goot @ FGI
- IMG's new waterbaby: Swim Fashion Week on the Gold...
- 'Australia' world premiere - the red carpet
- 'Australia' world premiere - the presser
- Panty power
- Angel touchdown
- Don Draper's latest squeeze
- A Rajah and his queens
- Beach blanket babelon
- Sarah Stephens: Earth Angel
- Grazia's "incredible" figures while other weeklies...
- Gemma Ward - close, but no cigar
- Finch takes flight
- Victoria's secret Aussie Angels?
- Grazia's good Friday?
- Bend it like Calvin: Alyssa Sutherland's HUGE come...
- Gemma Ward: Back in Vogue
- Gemma Ward: Apparently not going out in New York
- Le Rouge et le Noir: Obama makes history, Michelle...
- Yes, he did
- Zac Posen fashions the vote
- Is John McCain the Imelda Marcos of the 56th presi...
- Another Oz model blogger - and this one has a four...
- ▼ November 2008 (31)