Wednesday, July 29, 2009
getty via daylife.com
Air New Zealand Fashion Week announced its preliminary designer lineup this afternoon in Auckland. Further names are yet to be confirmed for the event, which runs from 21st–25th September at the Viaduct Harbour Marine Village. But so far the schedule looks to boast at least seven Australian names: Perth’s United Constructions and Brisbane streetwear label House of EZIS, in addition to five yet-to-be-confirmed designers who are due to take part in a Diet Coke Little Black Dress group show - along the lines of what we saw in Sydney at RAFW in early May (and as ANZFW's Pieter and Myken Stewart hinted was in the pipeline, when frockwriter bumped into them at RAFW). But by far the biggest news of today’s launch was the fact that Pamela Anderson is also heading to the event.
Yes, as incongruous as it sounds, Anderson is due to travel down to ANZFW with ex Heatherette designer Richie Rich. That is Rich pictured with Anderson above, together with transgender performer Amanda Lepore, at New York Fashion Week in February. That's Lepore on the right, for anyone who isn't sure.
Anderson is working with Rich on a new eco fashion line called Muse that is due to be unveiled the week beforehand at New York Fashion Week.
According to today's release, the line will be shown in Auckland on Friday 25th September – in what you would have to assume will be the event's closer.
What's the Anderson connection?
A New York-based fashion/celebrity publicist by the name of Brian S Long, whose clients include Nicky Hilton and who has been attending ANZFW from almost the very beginning.
Also new to the event this year is a dedicated runway showcase of eight Maori designers (Miromoda) and The Viewing Room – a special showroom from which designers will be able to showcase their ranges to buyers and press the minute they walk off the runway.
It’s a great initiative and one that Pieter Stewart first announced in WWD in May.
“It’s going to be a bit of a scheduling nightmare, but I’ll work it. I might have to stretch out the shows” Stewart told WWD. “We’ve had a few meetings with the designers to ask, ‘What do you need?’ And they’ve said, ‘We’d like to bring our entire showroom on site so we can capture the buyers while they’re there.’”
Below is the list of confirmed participating names.
Adrian Hailwood / Adrian Hailwood / AUCKLAND
Andrea Moore / Andrea Moore / WELLINGTON
Annah Stretton / Annah Stretton / MORRINSVILLE
Barbara Lee / Barbara Lee / CHRISTCHURCH
Basquesse / Viviana Pannell / WELLINGTON
Cybèle / Cybèle Wiren / AUCKLAND
Chapel Design / Janelle Chapel / AUCKLAND
Emma Ford / Emma Stuart / AUCKLAND
Emma / Emma Wallace / WELLINGTON
House of EZIS / Andrzej K pytel / AUSTRALIA
Julian Danger / Amy Rose Goulding / DUNEDIN
Huffer / Dan Buckley & Steve Dunstan / AUCKLAND
ISBIM / Joshua Jang / AUCKLAND
Juliette Hogan / Juliette Hogan / AUCKLAND
Kagi / Kat Gee / AUCKLAND
Karen Walker / Karen Walker / AUCKLAND
Kate Sylvester / Kate Sylvester / AUCKLAND
Nom*D / Margarita Robertson / DUNEDIN
Oyl / Vicki Reid & Nicola Karam / WAIRARAPA
Riddle Me This / Liz Proverbs / MT MAUNGANUI
Sable & Minx / Theresa Brady / AUCKLAND
Salasai / Kirsha Whitcher / HASTINGS
Sera Lilly / Cheryl Lilly / AUCKLAND
Serena Fagence / Serena Fagence / AUCKLAND
Sheryl May / Sheryl May / GISBORNE
Stolen Girlfriends Club / Marc Moore & Dan Gosling / AUCKLAND
Tara Cunniffe / Tara Cunniffe / AUCKLAND
TCD / Caroline Marr / AUCKLAND
Trelise Cooper / Trelise Cooper / AUCKLAND
Trix & Dandy / Michael Pattison / AUCKLAND
Twentysevennames / Anjali Stewart & Rachel Easting / WELLINGTON
United Constructions / Jill Crabb & Helen Miraudo / AUSTRALIA
VonAvi / Greg & Kaz von Heraud Parker / WANAKA
Zambesi / Liz & Neville Findlay / AUCKLAND
Wiremu Barriball / Wiremu Barriball / TITAHI BAY
Kiri Nathan / Kiri Nathan / AUCKLAND
Samara Vercoe / Samara Vercoe / NELSON
Keri Wanoa & Hemi Sungren / Keri Wanoa & Hemi Sungren / WAITARA
Tutina Pasene / Tutina Pasese / OTAKI
Shane Hansen / Shane Hansen / AUCKLAND
Bianca Walford-Collier / Bianca Walford-Collier / WELLINGTON
Diet Coke – The Little Black Dress Show
Five New Zealand and five Australian designers to be announced
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Cate Blanchett and David Downton, the cover stars ...
- "We don't give a shit" - Charlotte Dawson on the C...
- Pamela Anderson - and at least seven Oz brands - h...
- In Vogue: Christina Carey
- Cassi signs with Work Agency
- Cassi shoots Portmans, gets cyberbullied by ANTM h...
- Talking Obama's jeans, flood pants and meggings wi...
- Behind-the-scenes at Portmans
- Cassi van den Dungen pursues her model dream with ...
- “There’s a lot to be said for a place where creati...
- “There is such a culture of entitlement in New Yor...
- "Don't let the rats get to you" - Colin Bertram, N...
- "Anything is possible" - Colac Pictures president ...
- "Milk every contact, take risks, work for nix" - N...
- Case closed: Jenna Sauers is Tatiana Anymodel
- Murder on the shop floor
- The Tatiana mystery - about to be solved
- Nicole Kidman digs in her fourth line of paparazzi...
- Sienna Miller werks it for the paps - and Scanlan ...
- Lock, stock and three smoking aliens
- The psychedelic one-piece ski suit, Mt Buller
- Bluralism, finally a legit art movement
- Catherine McNeil shoots a heroine cover for Numéro...
- The September issue mystery
- "Don't touch, it's haute couture!" - Skye Stracke ...
- Frankie goes to fashionwood
- Where the Bisonte roam
- Oz fashion expats gather to celebrate getting the ...
- "F***ing irresponsible" - Emma Balfour weighs in o...
- SOYA formulae
- n00bs: Strummer
- Tallulah Morton, Model Citizen
- Clare Venema signs with Chic
- Move over ANTM, the latest Priscillas star is foot...
- Jean Paul Gaultier sponsored by ice creams - New Y...
- Lady GaGa finally goes a little gaga in Malta
- United in grief - and Versace
- Tahnee delivers a body blow to the boganista
- No pants - and no Australian models - at Christian...
- Some mothers do 'ave 'em - fashion careers
- Now we are one: a moment of reflection
- Jamming with Jackson: Orianthi Panagaris, the ulti...
- White Sands headed to the Miami runway - but Zimme...
- Tom and Suri cruise into Myer - and a Twitter stor...
- Hands on: The tactile photographic oeuvre of Posh ...
- Josh Sparks up Thom Browne
- Kelvin Ho and co in WWD FAST
- ▼ July 2009 (47)
- ► 2008 (229)