Saturday, September 19, 2009
matches fashion twitpic
Some claimed that City Chic’s recent plus size fashion show at the Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival was an “historic” moment, because it was the first time larger models had been included in a major fashion event. Given that City Chic has not traditionally been integrated with the regular fashion industry, but remains a plus size retailer, frockwriter is not convinced. Myer recently made a lot of noise about including plus size models in its suburban spring fashion shows – but refused to incorporate them into its most high profile media showcase in Sydney. Why? Your guess is as good as ours. Well London-based Canadian knitwear designer Mark Fast has just broken with fashion tradition - and may well have made history - not by making a big song and dance about creating specifically for larger sizes, or by incorporating a token fat girl, but by simply including several size 14 models in his Spring/Summer 2010 show, which has literally just wrapped at London Fashion Week. The remainder of the cast included Aussie Rachel Rutt, who continued her assault on the SS10 season by closing the show. With even Vogue UK editor Alexandra ‘No size 0’ Shulman expressing doubts just one week ago that she would be seeing larger sample fashion sizes any time soon, frockwriter predicts we are going to be hearing a lot more about this show in the days ahead. Particularly since one hilarious early Twitter report suggests that Fast’s stylist may have quit over the casting. Related: Fast's stylist didn't quit over the casting of size 14 models, she was fired - source. Click here for the complete collection on wwd.com.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Oyster shelved
- Kate Sylvester once had a mohawk
- Stolen generation
- Nom*D's renegade chic
- Alexandra Owen's bridled passion
- Anaessia's Sue Vanikiotis gets a pat on the back f...
- Myf Shepherd is thinking of taking a break
- Mark Fast's stylist didn't quit over the casting o...
- The Fast and the furious: Mark Fast casts size 14 ...
- The gaucho club: sass & bide SS10
- The Rutt pack
- Burberry to stream live from London Fashion Week
- Tracy Grimshaw gets the cold shoulder from Twitter...
- F.Tape's Blogger Vision
- Giddy up
- Where's Abbey Lee? Full frontal and dogging for Te...
- Cole Mohr and the trench coat mafia
- The fur is flying in Melbourne, but where the hell...
- ▼ September 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (229)