Thursday, September 24, 2009
Yesterday, Dunedin's Margie Robertson presented her Nom*D collection in exactly the same venue used by Zambesi on the previous evening - Auckland's SkyCity Theatre. Zambesi being of course designed by Robertson's sister, Liz Findlay (we'll get to Zambesi when we have more time). Instead of a traditional runway show, Robertson presented an eight-minute film from Auckland filmmaker Kirsty Cameron, accompanied by a few models in Nom*D's 'Turncoats' collection of fabulous recoupage chic, which included dresses fashioned from socks, nighties and other sundry intimate apparel - all styled back by NZ's premier stylist, Karen Inderbitzen-Waller, with gladiator spats, an intriguing series of fringed, sporran-like leather purses (which weren't purses at all) and a painterly beauty look, created by Margo Regan.
It's what you could call a perfect indie fashion/film hookup.
Cameron is an erstwhile costume designer herself, whose credits include Whale Rider and the sci-fi vampire thriller Perfect Creature.
Sadly, frockwriter missed the show because we were tied up with a live cross to TVNZ, but here is an exclusive portfolio of Nom*D's own shots from the fittings.
Apologies to those who may have spotted a player for the Turncoats film in frockwriter's feed yesterday. Something was wrong with the embed code so we eventually took it down. Hopefully will have it back up soon.
all shots: nom*d
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Oyster shelved
- Kate Sylvester once had a mohawk
- Stolen generation
- Nom*D's renegade chic
- Alexandra Owen's bridled passion
- Anaessia's Sue Vanikiotis gets a pat on the back f...
- Myf Shepherd is thinking of taking a break
- Mark Fast's stylist didn't quit over the casting o...
- The Fast and the furious: Mark Fast casts size 14 ...
- The gaucho club: sass & bide SS10
- The Rutt pack
- Burberry to stream live from London Fashion Week
- Tracy Grimshaw gets the cold shoulder from Twitter...
- F.Tape's Blogger Vision
- Giddy up
- Where's Abbey Lee? Full frontal and dogging for Te...
- Cole Mohr and the trench coat mafia
- The fur is flying in Melbourne, but where the hell...
- ▼ September 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (229)