Wednesday, September 23, 2009
In town for Air New Zealand Fashion Week, as anyone following me on Twitter will already be aware. Frockwriter is here this year as a guest of the organisers, so let’s just get that out of the way upfront. And while in every other year this journalist has covered all her own expenses to/from the event, this year it was a question of being their guest or not covering the event at all. First up, Alexandra Owen. We met this rising star last year. This season, Owen's silhouettes were far less sculpted. Inspired by English aristocrats, the mood was one of tailored sobriety in fact. But the restraint ended with the redingotes, trench coats and smart pinstriped trousers. The styling included horse bridles as breastplates and taped legs and shoes - which proved the devil of a job to remove later. As Owen mentions in this quick live video chat recorded after the show, come February, expect to see her at New York Fashion Week.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- Oyster shelved
- Kate Sylvester once had a mohawk
- Stolen generation
- Nom*D's renegade chic
- Alexandra Owen's bridled passion
- Anaessia's Sue Vanikiotis gets a pat on the back f...
- Myf Shepherd is thinking of taking a break
- Mark Fast's stylist didn't quit over the casting o...
- The Fast and the furious: Mark Fast casts size 14 ...
- The gaucho club: sass & bide SS10
- The Rutt pack
- Burberry to stream live from London Fashion Week
- Tracy Grimshaw gets the cold shoulder from Twitter...
- F.Tape's Blogger Vision
- Giddy up
- Where's Abbey Lee? Full frontal and dogging for Te...
- Cole Mohr and the trench coat mafia
- The fur is flying in Melbourne, but where the hell...
- ▼ September 2009 (18)
- ► 2008 (229)