Saturday, February 13, 2010
Sydney’s Daily Telegraph newspaper has added some interesting details to the intrigue surrounding the suicide of top British designer Alexander McQueen, the biggest fashion story since the murder of Gianni Versace in 1998. Citing an interview with McQueen conducted by Irish journalist Godfrey Deeny for the April edition of Australian Harpers Bazaar, the paper claims that McQueen had been recently (although it doesn't clarify how recently) jilted by an Australian lover, whose name he had tattoed on his arm. It also includes claims from an unnamed friend of the designer - as originally reported in The Daily Mail - that McQueen’s arms were covered with lacerations following previous suicide attempts and that, against the backdrop of his mother’s death and funeral, which was due to take place yesterday, he could not cope with the pressures of completing his next collection. One friend is quoted as saying, “His Paris show is coming up and his staff have been nagging him all week to get up and start working. But he wouldn't get out of bed, he just couldn't get up. He hasn't even been to any of his fittings for the show. He was so upset about his mother. It was her funeral and he couldn't face it." Hasn't Gucci Group heard of bereavement leave?
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Johnny Weir to be Nine Network's RAFW commentator?...
- Prada's curve ball: Fall/Winter 2010/2011 video
- Prada bumps an all skinny cast to include Victoria...
- The Burberry revolution: streaming live, in 3D AND...
- sass & bide's cutting edge chic
- The Pamela Anderson experience
- Julia Nobis lands a Calvin Klein exclusive
- Andrej Pejic Storms London
- McQueen's shoes weren't made for walking, but that...
- "No change" to Alexander McQueen's Paris show date...
- Women are from Venus, Sonny Vandevelde to show at ...
- Christina Carey nabs Marc Jacobs
- Bloggers now account for up to 40percent of some N...
- Luxury fail
- Alexander Wang channels Twilight for FW1011
- Bloggers on the runway at New York Fashion Week?
- McQueen jilted by Australian lover, not his first ...
- Cassi heads to Paris Fashion Week
- IMG source on Gemma Ward: "Her moment's over. She'...
- Vale Alexander McQueen
- Simon Lock out at IMG
- A chat with Miranda Kerr at David Jones
- Print is dead according to Oyster Magazine - which...
- RJ Cutler is shooting Rag & Bone at Fashion Week
- Abbey Lee Kershaw talks to Today Tonight
- Did Armani crib Elton John's sunglasses from World...
- In the swim: Melise Williams
- Samantha Harris leads a new antipodian runway pack...
- Gaga outbuzzes MObama as fashion's hottest term
- ▼ February 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)