Wednesday, February 17, 2010
alexander mcqueen SS10/graphikaddict
Surely the biggest question on the lips of everyone in the fashion world at the moment, beyond what the future holds for the Alexander McQueen brand, is, just what is happening with the scheduled presentation of McQueen’s Fall/Winter 2010/2011 collection at 8.30pm on March 9 in Paris? In the wake of the designer’s suicide on February 11, plans would obviously have been thrown into chaos. Irrespective of what happens to the brand in the longterm however, for the time being it is still a going concern. And the collection was reportedly completed, including final fittings, in the week prior to McQueen's death. Frockwriter has just checked with the Paris shows organising body, the Chambre Syndicale, which reports there is so far "aucune modification" (no change) to the schedule. Sources close to McQueen’s atelier, moreover, tell frockwriter that in terms of the production of showpieces commissioned specifically for the presentation, there is also no change to the delivery deadline. Whether the items are destined for the show, or merely for future photographic purposes, is unclear. But why the hurry otherwise? UPDATE: MCQUEEN'S NAME REMOVED FROM SCHEDULE, BUT SHOW STILL REPORTEDLY GOING AHEAD ON THE 9TH.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- Johnny Weir to be Nine Network's RAFW commentator?...
- Prada's curve ball: Fall/Winter 2010/2011 video
- Prada bumps an all skinny cast to include Victoria...
- The Burberry revolution: streaming live, in 3D AND...
- sass & bide's cutting edge chic
- The Pamela Anderson experience
- Julia Nobis lands a Calvin Klein exclusive
- Andrej Pejic Storms London
- McQueen's shoes weren't made for walking, but that...
- "No change" to Alexander McQueen's Paris show date...
- Women are from Venus, Sonny Vandevelde to show at ...
- Christina Carey nabs Marc Jacobs
- Bloggers now account for up to 40percent of some N...
- Luxury fail
- Alexander Wang channels Twilight for FW1011
- Bloggers on the runway at New York Fashion Week?
- McQueen jilted by Australian lover, not his first ...
- Cassi heads to Paris Fashion Week
- IMG source on Gemma Ward: "Her moment's over. She'...
- Vale Alexander McQueen
- Simon Lock out at IMG
- A chat with Miranda Kerr at David Jones
- Print is dead according to Oyster Magazine - which...
- RJ Cutler is shooting Rag & Bone at Fashion Week
- Abbey Lee Kershaw talks to Today Tonight
- Did Armani crib Elton John's sunglasses from World...
- In the swim: Melise Williams
- Samantha Harris leads a new antipodian runway pack...
- Gaga outbuzzes MObama as fashion's hottest term
- ▼ February 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (415)
- ► 2008 (229)