Thursday, January 8, 2009
As frockwriter reported on January 1st, Nicole Trunfio is said to be currently seeing in the New Year in a Byron Bay beachhouse with fellow Perth native Gemma Ward. And Trunfio has lots of reasons to celebrate this January, having just scored no less than the model mentor gig of the US version of Make Me A Supermodel. According to a press release from the Bravo tv network, Trunfio is due to join host Tyson Beckford in the show’s second season, replacing the first season's female model mentor and co-host, high profile US model Niki Taylor. Other new faces to join Trunfio in the second series include designer Catherine Malandrino and model Jenny Shimizu.
bravo via zap2it.com
Although relatively low profile in the US, Trunfio is nevertheless no stranger to the television genre, having won Australia's Search For A Supermodel in 2002.
Trunfio later went on to win third place in Ford's Supermodel of the World 2002.
Like Ward, Trunfio is also repped by IMG in the US, the world’s biggest model agency - and an agency with more than its fair share of media connections.
Given the intense competition, it’s a pretty amazing get.
RELATED: NICOLE TRUNFIO SETTLES INTO HER NEW ROLE AS MODEL MENTOR
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- The haunting of Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Grandmaster flesh and the furious hive mind: The a...
- The Bogan - from Logan?
- Girt by HC
- An embarrassment of riches
- Model ID fail @ ACP
- From the Cobrasnake to the couture
- Caveman of the fashion apocalypse
- Did someone give Kim Noorda The Pip?
- Nothing comes between Courtney, Missy, Myf and the...
- Before Jason Wu dressed the First Lady, he dressed...
- No Australians heading to New York Fashion Week?
- Michelle Obama recalls the Reagan, not Kennedy, er...
- The Devil wears a Q&A @ Sundance, Elle Driver to d...
- And baby makes five
- Lara Stone's bloody Valentine
- The Myf mystery: Bound for the cover of Paris Vogu...
- Battle of the skeletors: Katie vs Posh
- Did someone give Cameron Diaz The Pip?
- Golden Globes - live (kinda) from the red carpet!
- Fat load of good: The Telegraph's yo-yo reporting ...
- Nicole Trunfio settles into her new role as model ...
- Nicole Trunfio, tv star
- Big boys' toys
- Dude, where's my career?
- O what a tangled Web
- Cornish (fashion) language
- The shows to go on for Hoppy McNeil
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 4
- McBeha on the Park
- ▼ January 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (229)