Friday, January 9, 2009
Well we heard Gemma Ward was due to be in Byron Bay, but who said anything about The Cobrasnake? Lordy, the dust has yet to settle on last night's news that Nicole Trunfio has just scored the plum gig of model mentor on the US version of Make Me A Supermodel, when lo and behold some fresh new pics of her popped up on Mark Hunter's infamous party reportage site. No sign of Ward, or this week's Cobrasnake star Stephanie Carta - who reports she has spent the past 48 hours getting a US visa, learning the Tarot and crying to Coldplay. But it appears there are plenty of other Oz fashion peeps and their mates in town at the mo, starting with model Cheyenne Tozzi (pictured above left, with Trunfio), Sneaky Sound System's Daimon Downey, LA DJ Steve Aoki and ksubi's Dan Single, looking like he doesn't have a care in the world. Frockwriter will take a bet that ksubi's (numerous) unpaid creditors would just love to be enjoying a party in Byron Bay at the moment.
Let's not be too hard on Trunfio. She has been working hard and is enjoying a break. And who doesn't like a Corona - or two - in their downtime?
But the 23 year-old would be well advised to be en garde, as she would appear to be in an especially vulnerable position at the moment.
Not only does Trunfio have a prestige professional image to maintain - one which the Murdoch press made a valiant attempt at trashing in New York back in July, following the appearance of her Guess? campaign images, in which, The New York Post suggested, she was styled up to look like Amy Winehouse.
But the ink is moreover still drying on what one must assume is a lucrative tv contract - as a model mentor who advises and cautions young girls entering the modelling profession.
Whatever she does, Trunfio can rest assured that Hunter will be on tap to capture the most undignified images of her that he can find.
DUDE, WHERE’S MY CAREER?
“TOO YOUNG”: THE COBRASNAKE EXPOSES 200 GIRLS, TALLULAH DOES A PANTS-FREE IV
TALLULAH MORTON – APPARENTLY STILL PARTYING WITH THE COBRASNAKE
TALLULAH RISING – AND HAVING AN ABSOLUT BALL
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- The haunting of Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Grandmaster flesh and the furious hive mind: The a...
- The Bogan - from Logan?
- Girt by HC
- An embarrassment of riches
- Model ID fail @ ACP
- From the Cobrasnake to the couture
- Caveman of the fashion apocalypse
- Did someone give Kim Noorda The Pip?
- Nothing comes between Courtney, Missy, Myf and the...
- Before Jason Wu dressed the First Lady, he dressed...
- No Australians heading to New York Fashion Week?
- Michelle Obama recalls the Reagan, not Kennedy, er...
- The Devil wears a Q&A @ Sundance, Elle Driver to d...
- And baby makes five
- Lara Stone's bloody Valentine
- The Myf mystery: Bound for the cover of Paris Vogu...
- Battle of the skeletors: Katie vs Posh
- Did someone give Cameron Diaz The Pip?
- Golden Globes - live (kinda) from the red carpet!
- Fat load of good: The Telegraph's yo-yo reporting ...
- Nicole Trunfio settles into her new role as model ...
- Nicole Trunfio, tv star
- Big boys' toys
- Dude, where's my career?
- O what a tangled Web
- Cornish (fashion) language
- The shows to go on for Hoppy McNeil
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 4
- McBeha on the Park
- ▼ January 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (229)