Friday, January 2, 2009

Cornish (fashion) language


carlo pieroni/vanity fair


Well Abbie Cornish and Ryan Phillippe have come and gone. A little earlier than anticipated - but then after that warm welcome by Sydney’s stalkerazzi, why hang around any longer than they needed? As the duo was making its way into Calvin Klein's Sydney party venue on Cockatoo Island on December 16, and before being whisked off by PR minders, frockwriter managed to grab these as yet unpublished comments from Cornish about her personal style.

Calvin Klein is such an iconic brand. What are you earliest memories of it?
Abbie Cornish: I was thinking about this today. I had a friend in school, when I was about 14, who used to wear Calvin Klein One. And she just loved that perfume, loved that fragrance, and that was her thing. And soon as the bottle would get close to empty she would go out and buy another one. And that is my earliest memory.

Does your friend know that you were coming to this event as a CK ambassador?
No. I haven’t told her yet. She’s a friend that I see every so often. But I’ll have to give her a call.

How would you describe your personal style?
Eclectic - definitely. I like all different sorts of things, new and old.

And how do you negotiate Hollywood’s red carpet politics?
I think it’s important to wear what you feel comfortable in and what you like, you know? And whatever that is.... just to have a strong opinion about the clothes that you put on. Like you do every day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a good actor but she is too plain Jane to be fashion! I dont get her appeal?!

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i agree with anonymous.
Ms Cornish is fab in Candy, but she doesn't really stick in my mind as a woman with great personal style.

Blog Archive