Friday, January 2, 2009
carlo pieroni/vanity fair
Well Abbie Cornish and Ryan Phillippe have come and gone. A little earlier than anticipated - but then after that warm welcome by Sydney’s stalkerazzi, why hang around any longer than they needed? As the duo was making its way into Calvin Klein's Sydney party venue on Cockatoo Island on December 16, and before being whisked off by PR minders, frockwriter managed to grab these as yet unpublished comments from Cornish about her personal style.
Calvin Klein is such an iconic brand. What are you earliest memories of it?
Abbie Cornish: I was thinking about this today. I had a friend in school, when I was about 14, who used to wear Calvin Klein One. And she just loved that perfume, loved that fragrance, and that was her thing. And soon as the bottle would get close to empty she would go out and buy another one. And that is my earliest memory.
Does your friend know that you were coming to this event as a CK ambassador?
No. I haven’t told her yet. She’s a friend that I see every so often. But I’ll have to give her a call.
How would you describe your personal style?
Eclectic - definitely. I like all different sorts of things, new and old.
And how do you negotiate Hollywood’s red carpet politics?
I think it’s important to wear what you feel comfortable in and what you like, you know? And whatever that is.... just to have a strong opinion about the clothes that you put on. Like you do every day.
- ► 2013 (66)
- ► 2012 (115)
- ► 2011 (153)
- ► 2010 (330)
- The haunting of Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
- Grandmaster flesh and the furious hive mind: The a...
- The Bogan - from Logan?
- Girt by HC
- An embarrassment of riches
- Model ID fail @ ACP
- From the Cobrasnake to the couture
- Caveman of the fashion apocalypse
- Did someone give Kim Noorda The Pip?
- Nothing comes between Courtney, Missy, Myf and the...
- Before Jason Wu dressed the First Lady, he dressed...
- No Australians heading to New York Fashion Week?
- Michelle Obama recalls the Reagan, not Kennedy, er...
- The Devil wears a Q&A @ Sundance, Elle Driver to d...
- And baby makes five
- Lara Stone's bloody Valentine
- The Myf mystery: Bound for the cover of Paris Vogu...
- Battle of the skeletors: Katie vs Posh
- Did someone give Cameron Diaz The Pip?
- Golden Globes - live (kinda) from the red carpet!
- Fat load of good: The Telegraph's yo-yo reporting ...
- Nicole Trunfio settles into her new role as model ...
- Nicole Trunfio, tv star
- Big boys' toys
- Dude, where's my career?
- O what a tangled Web
- Cornish (fashion) language
- The shows to go on for Hoppy McNeil
- Abbey Lee's Gucci x 4
- McBeha on the Park
- ▼ January 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (229)